Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:31:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Warsaw to Vienna
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warsaw to Vienna  (Read 6465 times)
Rose99

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2010, 11:51:15 pm »

Hi, I'm looking for the cheapest way possible to get from Warsaw to Vienna at the beginning of December.

I've already checked flights, but at that time of year they are too expensive. I've heard that the best way is by train - any help or advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 12:41:34 am »

Standard fare for connection Warsawa-Vienna is around 72 euro (seat), but there is a limited number of discounted tickets - sold in advance and start from 39 euro. In order to buy such discounted ticket you'll need to visit international ticket counter in Warsawa/Vienna or request ticket from Austrian Railways by mail (Polish Railways doesn't offer such service). Discounted tickets for couchette/sleeper carriages available as well.
If you aren't lucky to get discounted ticket, but don't want to pay 70+ euro for the ticket, then you might take advantage of certain "tricks", Couple train changes and/or purchases of separate tickets for different legs of the journey can cut your expenses on the trip quite noticeably.
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines