Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:19:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  All other train travel questions  |  OeBB Nightjet seats compartment?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OeBB Nightjet seats compartment?  (Read 12750 times)
JT

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2018, 03:44:58 am »

OeBB's Nightjets offer sleepers, couchettes, and seats compartments as accommodation choices. It seems I can book a whole seats compartment for myself (Hamburg-Zurich) if I want. But the photos of the nightjet.com website show armrests between the seats. Are these armrests movable? My interest is being able to lie down across one row of seats if I can -- cheaper than a couchette with more privacy.

In the 1970's in compartments on some trains had opposing seats that could be pulled together or nearly together. This made a makeshift bed that one could lie on. Is this possible on present day OeBB Nightjet trains?
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 06:57:25 pm »

But the photos of the nightjet.com website show armrests between the seats. Are these armrests movable?
Yes, from the photos and train scheme it seems that those NJ carriages are old OeBB bmz type seating carriages (used to be very common for OeBB and other railway companies in the region), thus armrests definitely can be folded up and won't be a problem   
In the 1970's in compartments on some trains had opposing seats that could be pulled together or nearly together. This made a makeshift bed that one could lie on. Is this possible on present day OeBB Nightjet trains?
No, the seats in these bmz carriages can be pulled toward the center a bit, but not as nearly together as it used to be possible in older carriages with similar 6 seats compartment design (AFAIR, in this region of Europe the last carriages with the chance to have the proper "makeshift bed" in the seating compartment were used by Serbian Railways (e.g. overnighter Belgrade-Budapest)
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Username:

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 04:50:19 pm »

It seems I can book a whole seats compartment for myself (Hamburg-Zurich) if I want.
If you pay for all 6 Seats sure!
Its better when you Book an Single Bed Sleeping Car. The Benefit is you can Look the Door and prevent with that many thieves from Stealing.
Are these armrests movable? My interest is being able to lie down across one row of seats if I can -- cheaper than a couchette with more privacy.
Yes! https://www.vagonweb.cz/fotogalerie/A/OeBB_Bbmvz-2891-1.php
Its better when you take 2 and lie down in the direction of Travel. Its more comport.
privacy? The Door and Wall are made of Transparent Plastic so there is no Privacy.
normally Yes.
If you have more Question about Public Transport in Austria: http://publictransportforum.at/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines