Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:19:04 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  The cheapest way from Vladivostok to Hanoi
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The cheapest way from Vladivostok to Hanoi  (Read 7921 times)
luticus

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2010, 09:31:21 am »

Thanks for the info Moscow to Vladivostok. Please find me the cheapest way /rail/ from Vladivostok to Hanoi. Tnks
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 10:54:18 am »

It is difficult to say precisely what would be the MPT tariff fare for such route (+ it depends on route you chose), but generally MPT tariff tend to be cheaper than domestic Chinese, especially when we are talking about such distances.
But the most obvious rail route via Grodekovo-Suifenhe has couple of problems - direct carriage Vladivostok-Harbin (runs on Mondays and Thursdays only) takes way to long (almost 20 hours just to get 200+km till the border and 40 hours till Harbin), so you might consider bus or plane as well.
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
luticus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 12:45:12 pm »

It is difficult to say precisely what would be the MPT tariff fare for such route (+ it depends on route you chose), but generally MPT tariff tend to be cheaper than domestic Chinese, especially when we are talking about such distances.
But the most obvious rail route via Grodekovo-Suifenhe has couple of problems - direct carriage Vladivostok-Harbin (runs on Mondays and Thursdays only) takes way to long (almost 20 hours just to get 200+km till the border and 40 hours till Harbin), so you might consider bus or plane as well.
I am a rail fan. No bus no plane. I am a retired man who want to use the train over all. Please tell me any info about a trip using the Baikal Amur Rail From Taischet to Sovetskaia Govan. Cheep trains.
Thanks.
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 09:08:04 pm »

Please tell me any info about a trip using the Baikal Amur Rail From Taischet to Sovetskaia Govan. Cheep trains.
Well, you don't have a big choice here... There is no direct train from Taishet to Sov,Gavan via BAM, but only direct carriage via Transsib (attached to #2 "Rossiya" train). In order to go by BAM you will need couple changes: in Tynda and Komsomolsk-na-Amyre.
Taishet-Tynda: train #76 (Moscow-Tynda) every second day (+some other on days of the week), "kupe" upper berth from 2257 RUB (lower berth twice as much). From Tynda to Komsomolsk there is everyday train #964, upper "kupe" 1367 RUB (lower - twice as much). Komsomolsk to Sov.Gavan: everyday train #943 Khabarovsk-Sov.Gavan, upper 'kupe' 659 RUB (lower - twice as much). All the fares for mid October, so you be ready for slightly different fares in case you travel during other season (RZD has this special seasonal coefficient, so fare depends on date you travel).

p.s. in case you prefer cheaper 'platskartnyi' carriage - let us know, so we will give you 'platskartnyi' fares.   
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines