Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:27:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  BerninaBahn
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BerninaBahn  (Read 11338 times)
rasha

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2010, 02:23:09 am »

It's stated on http://www.rhb.ch/Bernina-Express.33.0.html?&L=4#splash100 that return ticket Chur - Tirano costs 114 CHF (83 EUR), and also the same price is stated on SBB website. There is also an obligatory 9 CHF seat reservation for Bernina Express Chur - Tirano - Chur (it's not clear to me, is it for one-way, or for return trip?). So, my question is, can I use TCV ticket for this route, and for Bernina Express specificaly? It will be much cheaper, because according to jizdenka, TCV ticket with RailPlus discount should be 74,40 EUR for Zuerich HB - Tirano - Zuerich HB, or 51,30 EUR for Chur - Tirano - Chur.
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 11:16:30 am »

There is also an obligatory 9 CHF seat reservation for Bernina Express Chur - Tirano - Chur (it's not clear to me, is it for one-way, or for return trip?).
One way, and you can chose your seat right away when purchasing seat reservation online.
can I use TCV ticket for this route, and for Bernina Express specificaly?
Yes, you can. That is exactly the point - sometimes TCV (or as they called these day SCIC-NRT tickets) bought abroad are cheaper than domestic or international tickets on certain connections. The only thing is that you can't purchase such ticket in Switzerland or Italy, but need to bring it with you from Czech Republic, Slovakia or even Hungary and Serbia (if cashiers skillful enough and have full TCV tariff books)
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 10:55:31 pm »

Can I use Switzerland (SBB) FIP coupon for Chur - Tirano route? That route belongs to RhB, not SBB.
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 11:43:12 pm »

Can I use Switzerland (SBB) FIP coupon for Chur - Tirano route? That route belongs to RhB, not SBB.
Hmm... interesting question, but seems way to specific, thus best thing to do is just to email RhB and ask (imho, it's suppose to work, but better to reconfirm with RhB).
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 11:54:21 pm »

Ok, thanks  :)
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 10:33:03 am »

RhB just answered me, and they confirmed that FIP is valid on the lines of RhB.  :)
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 10:45:30 am »

RhB just answered me, and they confirmed that FIP is valid on the lines of RhB.
Good for you ;)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines