Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:46:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Warsaw-Berlin Train
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warsaw-Berlin Train  (Read 6536 times)
Orly

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2011, 10:24:01 pm »

What is the best way to purchase ticket for Warsaw-Berlin-Warsaw route? As I understand it's cheaper to buy at the station in Warsaw than online. I will be arriving from New York in the morning of Aug 6th, and would like to take a train to Berlin right away.
If I buy it on german train site, it will be around 80 Euro for 2nd class ticket.
Will it be significantly less if I buy it in Warsaw? Can I rely that there will be seats available?
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 10:45:22 pm »

As I understand it's cheaper to buy at the station in Warsaw than online.
Actually not, because when buying online you can catch discounted tickets, which definitely won't be available at the station before departure.
  If I buy it on german train site, it will be around 80 Euro for 2nd class ticket.
Well, full fare standard ticket for BWE (Berlin-Warsaw Express) EuroCity train cost 48.6 EUR one way (including seat reservation) or twice for return. Or even cheaper in case you'll use evening EuroNight train. While available online discounted tickets (Europa-Spezial Polen) for August 6 start from 39 EUR per person.
Will it be significantly less if I buy it in Warsaw?
In case of international route and tickets, standard fare is almost identical no matter in which country (Poland or Germany) you purchae, so in case of full fare standard tickets no big difference here. Main difference comes from offers, which might be offered only by one railways company etc.
Can I rely that there will be seats available?
Usually those EuroCity isn't that busy, unless it's holidays or any other peak period. Anyway, it's easier and cheaper just to buy now discounted ticket on DB website, thus guaranteeing your seat and better fare.

Also it's possible to travel even cheaper than 39 EUR by using polish domestic tariff till the border, but in such case you'll have to make changes and it will take a bit longer.
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Orly

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 10:52:49 pm »

Thank you very much, I'll just go ahead and get the ticket at DB website
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 11:08:11 pm »

I'll just go ahead and get the ticket at DB website
But remember carefully to read all the rules of the offer, so you avoid any surprises later on ;)
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines