Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:00:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Bratislava-lvov?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bratislava-lvov?  (Read 49615 times)
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 04:40:48 pm »

Thanks, daryankoff
This means we definitely know now the fares for CityStar ZSSK>300km and UZ<500km (63 EUR) and ZSSK<100km and UZ<500km (35 EUR)

p.s. and sorry about our small miscalculations for Čierna nad Tisou-Lviv, it seems we lost somewhere app.5 EUR with both CityStar and standard ticket ...  ???
Well, we will try to figure out where...
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
daryankoff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 06:41:37 pm »

Yap, and City Star ZSSK>300km, UZ>500km(Kiev) costs 88 EUR.
 Is direct sleeper Venice-Moscow still running? I remember I saw RDZ carriage at Ljubljana railway station years ago. It used to run on route Venice-Ljubljana-Zagreb-Budapest-Moscow.
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 07:42:03 pm »

Is direct sleeper Venice-Moscow still running? I remember I saw RDZ carriage at Ljubljana railway station years ago. It used to run on route Venice-Ljubljana-Zagreb-Budapest-Moscow.
Yes, it is still running. Once a week, Mondays from Moscow and Thursdays from Venice. As you can guess, still with "Tisza"+ EN Budapest-Venice. Tickets RZD/UZ-Italy are sold using "Global price" (btw rather reasonable since last year fare change: 155-165 EUR for RZD-FS and 100-110 EUR for UZ-FS; + 30 EUR for 2/3, 46 EUR for 1/2 and 104 EUR for 1/1). Tickets to/from Slovania/Croatia/Hungary - standard "East-West" tariff.
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
daryankoff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 02:52:06 pm »

So, I tried to book sleeper Bratislava-Lviv at railway station in Ljubljana but wasn't successful. Of course they have EPA system but we couldn't find those sleepers. I had all numbers with but wasn't helpful. There's probably no agreement between SŽ and RZD/UZ and they can't sell it.
So, what now. We bought City Star ticket till Čierna nad Tisou(SVK). We depart Bratislava 25.4 and going back 29.4 from Lviv. I checked e kvitok and there's almost no berhts for the train that departs Chop around 4am(the same train which departs Bratislava at 13.57 aday before). For going back there are still berths for the train that departs Lviv 10.31AM(the same train which arrives in Bratislava around 5AM next day). We could depart Bratislava in the evening, arrive in Chop aroud 11am and take local train to Lviv which departs aroud 2PM. No problem. Another solution is train to Michalovce, bus to Uzhorod and then train to Lviv.
What do you suggest? Since it's holiday time it will be good idea to buy those local ukrainian trains in advance at e kvitok. How it works? I know some russian. And I read somewhere if you buy it at e kvitok you need to claim tickets at counter some days before your train departure. That's the problem because we will be in Chop some hours before the train to Lviv departs. Does the site works well with foreign credit cards?
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 03:42:28 pm »

I tried to book sleeper Bratislava-Lviv at railway station in Ljubljana but wasn't successful. Of course they have EPA system but we couldn't find those sleepers. I had all numbers with but wasn't helpful. There's probably no agreement between SŽ and RZD/UZ and they can't sell it.
Hmm... unfortunately. But actually there are pretty good chance simply to purchase Bratislava-Lviv reservation already in Bratislava on the day of departure. Those carriages aren't that busy, especially since most potential traffic will tend to travel before the holiday (24.04). Even if you want be lucky, then you can always proceed with other options (those discussed below).
I checked e kvitok and there's almost no berhts for the train that departs Chop around 4am(the same train which departs Bratislava at 13.57 aday before).
Well, it is expected, since it is next days after the holiday. In regular times it is usually not a problem to purchase ticket even an hour before departure.
Another solution is train to Michalovce, bus to Uzhorod and then train to Lviv.
Actually if you a fan of scenic routes, then this one is rather good option, because it allows you to catch "wave" of suburban trains Uzghorod-Sianky-Lviv, so you depart Uzghorod at 10:45 and arrive to Lviv 19:26, a bit long journey, but it is totally worth is because the view is incredible there, train goes for long time in the mountains by the Polish-Ukrainian border etc. Views are almost like Bohinj Railway + it is really cheap and no need to buy anything in advance.
But going via the main pass (Muchachevo, Svalyva, Skole etc.) by train also rather scenic route.
Since it's holiday time it will be good idea to buy those local ukrainian trains in advance at e kvitok. How it works? I know some russian. And I read somewhere if you buy it at e kvitok you need to claim tickets at counter some days before your train departure. That's the problem because we will be in Chop some hours before the train to Lviv departs.
Not quite right. After purchasing E-kvytok just gives you order form with the code for your ticket, then you need to show this code (or whole printed order form) at any ticket counter, doesn't matter when (it might be even after the train departure), so not a problem to do it in Chop an hour before departure. Ticket cashier based on this will print you regular looking train ticket. If you printed the ticket already after train departure, then the only thing you can do is give it back and ask for reimbursement, depending on timing UZ will give back (transfer to the accounted it was payed from) certain percentage of the sum.
Quote from: daryankoff link=topic=161.msg906# msg906 date=1302699126
Does the site works well with foreign credit cards?
It used to work with almost all the cards, including foreign. But lately there were certain messages that website started to be picky, like accept only cards with 3 D secure etc. But you might try anyway.
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 05:25:47 pm »

I was informed that City Star ticket from Slovenia to any station(in our case Čierna nad Tisou) in Slovakia would cost 45eur per person.
Is that price via Hungary or via Austria?
daryankoff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 08:47:47 pm »

Via Austria. There's no City Star ticket for Hungary. That price(45EUR) is correct if 3 persons travelling together f.i. from Celje. From Ljubljana would be around 6 Euro more. The base price for 1 person from Ljubljana is 76 Euro.
daryankoff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 09:17:32 pm »

Actually if you a fan of scenic routes, then this one is rather good option, because it allows you to catch "wave" of suburban trains Uzghorod-Sianky-Lviv, so you depart Uzghorod at 10:45 and arrive to Lviv 19:26

I'm looking for that train at ukrainian railways webpage but I couldn't find any info. There's one that departs at 22.35. And there are probably only seats and no berths and restaurant on this suburban train?
And thanks again for your infos:)
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 09:55:14 pm »

I'm looking for that train at ukrainian railways webpage but I couldn't find any info. There's one that departs at 22.35. And there are probably only seats and no berths and restaurant on this suburban train?
Since it is suburban trains ("приміські" in Ukrainian and in this case EMU ER2 probably), timetable for them can be found in a bit different place than standard long distance one - http://www.railway.lviv.ua/index.php?id=21 for all the suburban trains. Specifically you need this one - http://railway.lviv.ua/fileadmin/trafaret/d5/tro6519.txt and this - http://railway.lviv.ua/fileadmin/trafaret/d1/6021.doc . If to believe UZ suburban fare table, then Uzghorod-Sianky ticket will cost 8.5 UAH (app. 0.75 EUR) and Sianky-Lviv ticket will cost 11.6 UAH (app. 1 EUR).

p.s. at 22:35 departs the only long-distance train via Sianky, it is Solotvino-Chop-Uzghorod-Lviv #601
daryankoff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 01:06:16 pm »

So our plan would probably be: Trying to buy sleeper at the railway station in Bratislava few hours before train departure. In case they are full we'll take the same train (13.57) till Chop in seatin carriage. It arrives in Chop around 1AM. There's a train #830(probably suburban, though it's fast) which departs Chop 6.59AM and arrives in Lviv 12.22PM. In this case we'll need to wait in Chop almost 6 hours in the middle of the night. I know not the best idea 'cause there's nothing to do. Is someone familiar with the Chop train station? There should be a waiting room, ATM, maybe a bar? And I read somewhere there's possible to take a room upstairs in the train station.
daryankoff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 01:20:25 pm »

I just got a message from ZSSK.  There is currently 22 vacant berths in direction Bratislava-Lviv for the date 25.4. In opposite direction they can't tell me how many berths are available but I think it's normally possible to buy berth in Bratislava for Lviv-Bratislava direction.
jfk

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 01:35:06 pm »

In Chop, there are two railway stations - one for international and long-distance travel and one for suburban travel. The first one is the one you'll arrive at - with customs and ticket counters issuing tickets all around Ukraine and also for international travel. There is also a small bar close to the platform (working only during the day) and free rooms upstairs (working non-stop), where you can spend the night. The price for one person was around 50 UAH one year ago.

The second station is located some 200 meters to the west. It's newer, cosier and definitely better place to kill the time (in case you don't want to use the rooms) as the bar there is working non-stop and offers hot/cold drinks, some pastries, cakes and desserts.
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2011, 02:03:39 pm »

On the square in front of railway station there is also couple places like bars/cafe. Pretty sure that some will work rather late. About ATM's: there is one right inside the international/long-distance railway station building. The other one used to be outside on the square.
Concerning rooms: 63 UAH per person for double room, 48 UAH for triple etc. (http://railway.lviv.ua/info/passengers/station-services/). But actually you can as well spend night in the waiting hall of the suburban railways station as well (usually it is empty and rather warm)
Another option is to catch last suburban train Muchachevo-Chop-Uzghorod (dep.1:30am from Chop) and spend the night in much nicer and newer Uzghorod railway station/service rooms (http://railway.lviv.ua/info/passengers/station-services/#c120)
There's a train #830(probably suburban, though it's fast) which departs Chop 6.59AM and arrives in Lviv 12.22PM.
Well, it is served by slightly renovated EMU, but it is not suburban with free seating. The tickets for this one you need to purchase at the regular ticket counter and it will look like standard UZ long-distance train ticket (with your seat marked). Same can be purchased from e-kvytok as well.
daryankoff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2011, 06:39:14 pm »

I found out there may be problem with our City Star ticket because of Sunday rule. There must be Sunday between outward and return journey. We bought City Star ticket Celje-Čierna nad Tisou-Celje. We start our journey in Monday. By returning from Lviv we actually depart Čierna in Friday and arrive in Bratislava in Saturday. We'll stay 2 days in Bratislava and return home in Monday. I think this Sunday rule apply by returning from Čierna and not when you actually arrive back to Slovenia. Are conducters really concern on this Sunday rule? So in worst scenario we'll need to pay for additional ticket Čierna-Bratislava (about 20 EUR) and maybe penalty. Or dou you suggest that we buy ticket Čierna-Bratislava in advance at the counter and use our City Star ticket by returning from Bratislava. Does this Sunday rule exist also for City Star Čierna-Lviv-Čierna.
I know lots of questions but that infos may be usefull for others:)
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2011, 12:31:01 am »

Are conducters really concern on this Sunday rule?
Honestly... we doubt that all of them even know about it (for instance UZ conductors don't have a clue definitely), especially since it doesn't apply to all the CityStars ;)
We can't guarantee anything, but probably there is nothing to worry here. Even if you will be somehow asked - make a surprised eyes and note that you have no idea about such thing. In worst scenario you will need to get off train at the next station (then you can start thinking about buying new ticket). And no way they can charge you any penalty, because you do have a valid ticket.
Does this Sunday rule exist also for City Star Čierna-Lviv-Čierna.
ZSSK lists this rule only for ZSSK-SBB and ZSSK-DB CityStars, but not the other one (http://www.slovakrail.sk/index.php?id=city-star---zlava-pre-kazdeho), while for ones like ZSSK-CD it is even hard to imagine such rule.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines