Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:15:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Europe Disaster.. Need serious Help
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Europe Disaster.. Need serious Help  (Read 18487 times)
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 11:42:41 pm »

Im not sure why I am getting different info, what website were you looking at?
Either EuroStar.com or www.tgv-europe.com/en
I am trying to use the trenitalia website to find train from venice to munich or vienna (or salzburg) and every time I try to look up timetablesm, example "Venice to Munich" it says right above venice "Solution not found" am I doing it wrong?! this is driving me absolutely nuts. I noticed your website said they are from 29E, but I want to see the time table and options... help.
Well, TrenItalia website does have problems sometimes... Anyway, there is two direct trains from Venice to Munich: EC 86 (13:34-20:25) and overnight CNL 358 (22:51-6:30), same info about timetable you can get from German Railways website as well (http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en?newrequest=yes&protocol=http:&). In order to get discounted tickets (those from 29 EUR), after selecting your train you will need to select fare, either "SMART" or "SMART2" depending on availability for your date. Those are discounted tickets, but they are in limited number.
Venice-Vienna: as of now, there is only two direct overnight trains - EN 236 (Venezia St.Lucia -Wien West, 21:05-8:28), this train also goes via Salzburg (arrives there at 4:09am) and EN 234 Rome-Venezia Mestre-Wien Meidling (departs 1:30am from Venice Mestre, arrives to Vienna at 8:34am). Same story with purchasing tickets, look for "SMART" offer. For the daytime as of now there is a substitute bus instead of train on leg Venice-Villach, from Villach you transfer to train and continue your journey towards Vienna. You get one through ticket for both bus and train.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 02:23:43 pm by tUt » Logged
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines