Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:56:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Budapest - Bucharest or Debrecen - Bucharest
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Budapest - Bucharest or Debrecen - Bucharest  (Read 8929 times)
yananya

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2011, 10:32:21 pm »

Hello all!

Please give me advice what is the best & cheap way from Budapest to Bucharest? and from Debrecen (Hungary) to Bucharest or Constanta (Romania)?

I'm from Ukraine, but i'll be like tourist in Hungary in the end of April and want from there to go to festival Sunwaves. So I find optimal way:)

Thank you in advance.

Yana
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 11:41:14 pm »

Since not so long time ago MAV (Hungarian railways) actually started to sell certain international tickets online, among those are special discounted tickets for connection Hungary-Romania (called "Fortuna" ticket). So now with those you can travel from Budapest to Buchurest for as low as 29 EUR (seats), 39 EUR (6 berth couchette) or 59 EUR (3 bed sleeper=like RIC carriages in Ukraine). The only inconvenience is that as of now interface is in Hungarian (http://www.mav-start.hu/imap.php?mid=romania), but is not that difficult, so google translator will cope with that. But such discounted tickets are in limited number, so you will have to purchase those some time in advance to ensure that they are still available. Regular one-way ticket Budapest-Buchurest cost 50.4 EUR (+ potential reservation), this one can be purchase any time, even 5 minutes before train departure.
From Debrecen there is no direct rail connection to Buchurest and MAV doesn't sell online Debrecen-Buchurest ticket either. They do only for connections from Debrecen to Carei, Oradea and Satu Mare. From all those towns you can catch direct domestic trains to Bucurest (roughly cheapest tickets from either of 3 will cost you app. 80 RON). But if you need to go to Constanta after all, then it is cheaper to purchase one through ticket Carei/Oradea/Satu Mare-Constanta instead of to separate once till Buchurest and from Buchurest till Constanta.
All the timetables and fares for Romanian domestic routes can be foun here - www.mersultrenurilorcfr.ro , CFR (Romanian railways) also sell domestic tickets online + you get a chance to save up to 13% while buying in advance (http://www.cfrcalatori.ro/1565)
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
yananya

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 11:34:28 pm »

Thank you thank you very much for this useful information!!
it'll very help me!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines