Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:34:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Wasteels Bratislava
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wasteels Bratislava  (Read 13139 times)
rasha

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2011, 05:08:19 pm »

Hello tUt,

Do you have contact e-mail from Wasteels office in Bratislava?  I tried wasteels@zutom.sk, but it's not working.
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 06:38:02 pm »

Hmmm... email you mentioned actually the only one we have as well, so I guess no help here. Quick internet search either didn't find anything else, even websites for Wasteels sk are down as well. So probably you have two choices here - either email ZSSK (usually you receive answer promptly), they definitely should know how to contact Wasteels or maybe somebody local (like jfk) can help you out, because we unfortunately can't  :-\
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
jfk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 07:24:54 pm »

To my best knowledge, Wasteels closed its office in Bratislava and no longer offers any services.
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 07:39:07 pm »

To my best knowledge, Wasteels closed its office in Bratislava and no longer offers any services.
No wonder they don't answer emails and have troubles with once alive website  :o
Anyway, it's a pity, since Wasteels ticket cashiers usually tend to be a bit better with complicated ticket.
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 07:51:30 pm »

:-[

I suspected...Recently also Wasteels in Prague closed it's office. It's pity, because they were issuing international ticket by hand, so you could buy Citystar Russia tickets for all kinds of routes which are not listed in ZSSK computer...
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 08:04:05 pm »

... they were issuing international ticket by hand, so you could buy Citystar Russia tickets for all kinds of routes which are not listed in ZSSK computer.
As far as we remember, Gyuri mentioned that some time ago ticket counter in Sturovo (which might be even better destination for those coming from the south) was also issuing hand written tickets, but with small delay - like for the next day.
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 08:46:03 pm »

... they were issuing international ticket by hand, so you could buy Citystar Russia tickets for all kinds of routes which are not listed in ZSSK computer.
As far as we remember, Gyuri mentioned that some time ago ticket counter in Sturovo (which might be even better destination for those coming from the south) was also issuing hand written tickets, but with small delay - like for the next day.

Well, it's question what situation is now. Yesterday I e-mailed ZSSK about possibility for routing the ticket via the route of train Vladivostok - Harkov, and they said that in their computer there is possibility of 2 directions:

1st via EKATERINBURG*MOSKVA*RIAZAN*UFA
2nd via CHELIABINSK GL*SARATOV 1 P*BALASHOV

and that on the ticket will be writing like this:

IRKUTSK*NOVOSIBIRSK*OMSK*(EKATERINBURG*MOSKVA*RIAZAN*UFA) CHELIABINSK GL*SARATOV 1 P*BALASHOV*TOPOLI(GR)

which is really strange to me, because in the brackets, there is usualy standing / sign, like an option to choose between two routes.

and, what is really strange also is that on jizdenka I can find that route, but without brackets: http://jizdenka.idos.cz/IT.aspx?FocusDisabled=true&Lang=69&Handle=53728b46-2666-48ed-9c1b-af831ce07e07

and before that they said to me twice that route Vladivostok - Irkutsk - Novosibirsk - Omsk - Cheliabinsk - Ufa - Samara - Penza - Balashov - Topoli (Gr) is possible to issue. Now it seems that it's not, so if didn't ask 3 times, I could buy reservation in advance wrongly knowing that it is possible to issue the ticket for that route. They also said that issuing ticket by hand isn't possible.

Really unprofessional!!!

So that's why I asked for Wasteels in Bratislava. Now my only hope is to try Šturovo, or to use Citystar Serbia - Russia bought here in Wasteels, but that way is more expensive, and I lose few days because it's longer journey from Belgrad to Russia via Romania.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:48:35 pm by rasha » Logged
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 09:43:57 pm »

Well, I think we see the problem here - Topoli (gr) in the computer is only bounded with sections "balashov*Saratov 1 P" or further (but all of them are also via Saratov only), that is why the only choice system gives you is route via Saratov. As result, after Omsk it gives you choice either to go southern way via Kazahstan (Omsk Pass*cheliabinsk*ufa*Saratov 1 P) or northern (via EKATERINBURG), but since you can't avoid Saratov-Topoli (as already mentioned, it is the only section available for Topoli), then system proposes you to get back on track from northern to southern route via EKATERINBURG*MOSKVA*RIAZAN*UFA (basically advising you to take a loop all the way to Moscow, so you only can get back on route via Saratov). At least it seems like this, because it is the only reason why jizdenka trying to get you back on route Cheliabinsk-Ufa-Samara-Saratov-Topoli
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 10:16:18 pm »

Well, I think we see the problem here - Topoli (gr) in the computer is only bounded with sections "balashov*Saratov 1 P" or further (but all of them are also via Saratov only), that is why the only choice system gives you is route via Saratov. As result, after Omsk it gives you choice either to go southern way via Kazahstan (Omsk Pass*cheliabinsk*ufa*Saratov 1 P) or northern (via EKATERINBURG), but since you can't avoid Saratov-Topoli (as already mentioned, it is the only section available for Topoli), then system proposes you to get back on track from northern to southern route via EKATERINBURG*MOSKVA*RIAZAN*UFA (basically advising you to take a loop all the way to Moscow, so you only can get back on route via Saratov). At least it seems like this, because it is the only reason why jizdenka trying to get you back on route Cheliabinsk-Ufa-Samara-Saratov-Topoli

Yes, but it seams that there must be some difference between Jizdenka, and ZSSK computer, because in Jizdenka to go to Vladivostok via Saratov - Cheliabinsk - Omsk and so on you have only this:

Section 56012: Topoli(Gr)*balashov*Saratov 1 P

and then for Saratov

Section 17916: Saratov 1 P*ufa*cheliabinsk*Omsk Pass

or

Section 77915: Saratov 1 P*cheliabinsk*omsk*Novosibirsk

but further on from Omsk or Novosibirsk there is no route section to east, so Jizdenka shows route back to Moscow, and than from Moscow there are route sections to further east from Omsk or Novosibirsk. So there's got to be some route sections included in ZSSK computer from Omsk or Novosibirsk to the east, which are not existent in Jizdenka nor at http://dijszabas.uw.hu/dijszabas/index.php.

I was also wondering what will happen in case I have route via IRKUTSK*NOVOSIBIRSK*OMSK*CHELIABINSK GL*SARATOV 1 P*BALASHOV*TOPOLI(GR) written on the ticket together with Vladivostok - Harkov sleeper reservation  ??? Probably, it's too big risk.

tUt
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 10:54:11 pm »

...but it seams that there must be some difference between Jizdenka, and ZSSK computer
Yepp, jizdenka is a bit simplified version of what CD or ZSSK have in their computers, but, nevertheless, the thing with "balashov*Saratov" must section can be the root of the problem anyway, that is why ZSSK answered you with strange proposal of "IRKUTSK*NOVOSIBIRSK*OMSK*(EKATERINBURG*MOSKVA*RIAZAN*UFA) CHELIABINSK GL*SARATOV 1 P*BALASHOV*TOPOLI(GR)" instead of simple "IRKUTSK*NOVOSIBIRSK*OMSK*CHELIABINSK GL*(PENZA/SARATOV 1) *BALASHOV*TOPOLI(GR)"
I was also wondering what will happen in case I have route via IRKUTSK*NOVOSIBIRSK*OMSK*CHELIABINSK GL*SARATOV 1 P*BALASHOV*TOPOLI(GR) written on the ticket together with Vladivostok - Harkov sleeper reservation  ??? Probably, it's too big risk.
There are pretty good chances that you actually will be the first passenger using CityStar and East-West reservation in those UZ carriages, so conductors might not be even familiar with the type of ticket you will present to them. As result, they might pay extra attention to it and that sticking out "SARATOV 1" is rather obvious to spot, but nobody knows their reaction after they see it  :-\
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 11:19:12 pm »

After they wrote me "2 possible routes", I asked is the route via Penza instead Saratov possible, they wrote me that it is, but with both Saratov 1 P and Penza written on the ticket. So I thought it will be like you wrote here:
IRKUTSK*NOVOSIBIRSK*OMSK*CHELIABINSK GL*(PENZA/SARATOV 1) *BALASHOV*TOPOLI(GR)

I asked them what route will be written on the ticket and they sent me this:

on the ticket you can choose from 2 routes ... via MICHURINSK*TAMBOV or without MICHURINSK.

1.     IRKUTSK*NOVOSIBIRSK*OMSK*(EKATERINBURG*MOSKVA*RIAZAN)*PENZA 1*VORONEJ*MICHURINSK*TAMBOV*SARATOV 1 P*BALASHOV*TOPOLI(GR)

2.     IRKUTSK*NOVOSIBIRSK*OMSK*(EKATERINBURG*MOSKVA*RIAZAN)*PENZA 1*VORONEJ*TAMBOV 1*SARATOV 1 P*BALASHOV*TOPOLI(GR)

After I saw this, I knew this conversation is going nowhere...

I'll ask jfk if he finds some free time to go to Bratislava train station, to make an inquiry about this...
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 12:02:54 am »

Hmmm, now I am reexamening the Russia rail map (http://www.parovoz.com/maps/supermap/).

You said that Jizdenka is simplified version of what ČD and ZSSK have. In which way? Because there is the whole route of Vladivostok - Harkov train in Jizdenka, just sections need to be cut into pieces, to be functional this way:

section 17693: Vladivostok*irkutsk*novsib*omsk*sverdl*Moskva (part Vladivostok - Novosibirsk)
section 79041: Novosibirsk*cheliabinsk*samara*penza*Voronej (part Novosibirsk - Rtiscevo 1) Rtiscevo not written on the ticket, but obviously on the route
section 56012: Saratov 1 P*balashov*Topoli(Gr) (part Rtiscevo 1 - Topoli(Gr)) Rtiscevo not written on the ticket, but obviously on the route

Or, if not possible to cut into pieces to do this:

Section    State    Km    Name
17693    RUS    9258    Vladivostok*irkutsk*novsib*omsk*sverdl*Moskva
17622    RUS    2676    Moskva*sverdl*Omsk Pass
25011    RUS    2861    Omsk Pass*cheliabinsk*samara*penza*Voronej
19076    RUS    253    Voronej*Tambov 1
17933    RUS    380    Tambov 1*Saratov 1 P
56012    RUS    815    Saratov 1 P*balashov*Topoli(Gr)

That way I'll get this (unused parts in brackets):
VIA <0020>irkutsk*novsib*omsk(*sverdl*moskva*sverdl*omsk pass)*cheliabinsk*samara*penza(*voronej*tambov 1*saratov 1 p)*balashov
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:14:08 am by rasha » Logged
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 08:49:43 am »

Actual system, from what we know, has a bit more stations and sections available. But since ZSSK didn't propose the combination of sections you need, then pretty good chances that actual ZSSK system does have the same bug with Topoli(gr) and Saratov as must.

section 17693: Vladivostok*irkutsk*novsib*omsk*sverdl*Moskva (part Vladivostok - Novosibirsk)
section 79041: Novosibirsk*cheliabinsk*samara*penza*Voronej (part Novosibirsk - Rtiscevo 1) Rtiscevo not written on the ticket, but obviously on the route
section 56012: Saratov 1 P*balashov*Topoli(Gr) (part Rtiscevo 1 - Topoli(Gr)) Rtiscevo not written on the ticket, but obviously on the route
Well, we see your point, but simply not sure whether it is possible to do with computer-based ticket. Because that is one of the limitation of computer systems - they can't modify already preprogrammed sections (but only define via), while cashiers having tariff book - can (especially if they aren't lazy to calculate all the things).

Or, if not possible to cut into pieces to do this:
Section    State    Km    Name
17693    RUS    9258    Vladivostok*irkutsk*novsib*omsk*sverdl*Moskva
17622    RUS    2676    Moskva*sverdl*Omsk Pass
25011    RUS    2861    Omsk Pass*cheliabinsk*samara*penza*Voronej
19076    RUS    253    Voronej*Tambov 1
17933    RUS    380    Tambov 1*Saratov 1 P
56012    RUS    815    Saratov 1 P*balashov*Topoli(Gr)

That way I'll get this (unused parts in brackets):
VIA <0020>irkutsk*novsib*omsk(*sverdl*moskva*sverdl*omsk pass)*cheliabinsk*samara*penza(*voronej*tambov 1*saratov 1 p)*balashov
But what about return thing in the CityStar? If you somehow manage to get such ticket, then you will have certain parts of the route (like *sverdl*moskva*sverdl*omsk) 4 times, which is obviously not permitted, because you can travel the same route only twice - there and back. In you case you won't use it 4 times, but still it seems that there is definitely problem with such ticket.
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 11:20:17 am »

So, then probably, only hope is try to get ticket issued by hand in Šturovo, but I have to check it before is it still possible like Gyuri said.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines