Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:52:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Fares: Vienna-->Bratislava-->Kosice-->Budapest and back
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fares: Vienna-->Bratislava-->Kosice-->Budapest and back  (Read 8089 times)
bluealb

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:26:00 am »

Hello! I hope u maybe could give me an answer! I'm travelling in august from vienna to bratislava, bratislava-kosice, kosice- budapest and return back to vienna in the same way. I see there are trains daily for these destinations but in all the websites i couldnt find any ticket price or how to book online. And if you know if taking a bus is more expensive than a train?
Thanks in advanced.
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 02:04:39 pm »

Well, in either leg you don't really need to prebook anything. Anyway most of the trains on your segments doesn't require reservation, so you can just purchase your ticket already at the station before departure.
Vienna-Bratislava: return EURegio ticket cost 14 EUR, but it's valid only for 4 days, thus in case you aren't coming back Bratislava-Vienna within this timing, then it makes sense to opt for the bus option, especially since one-way bus ticket is much cheaper, only 7,7 EUR (+available discounts for >60 or <26). You can check timetable/fare either here (http://www.slovaklines.sk) or here (http://www.eurolines.at/en/home/).
Bratislava-Kosice: regular one-way train ticket cost 17,82 EUR, while ticket+obligatory reservation for a bit faster InterCity train 20 EUR in total. Both you can actually purchase online via ZSSK website. While with direct buses on route Bratislava-Kosice you actually travel longer (comparing to train) and pay more (comparing to standard train fare).
Kosice-Budapest: there are two direct trains (morning and evening), return ticket cost only 20 EUR (one-way actually more expensive than return in this case). And as far as we know, there is no direct bus connection between Kosice and Budapest.
If you not very happy with either morning or evening option, then it's also possible to travel Kosice-Budapest during the day via Slovenske Nove Mesto/Sátoraljaújhely, but that's will take longer and cost more.
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
bluealb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 03:51:11 pm »

Thank you very much! All this was really helpfull!  :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines