Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:02:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Domestic border-to-border tickets for internatinal trains.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Domestic border-to-border tickets for internatinal trains.  (Read 50389 times)
filu

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2012, 11:13:24 am »

Ok we've just come back from our trip :-)

Let me list some remarks:

Zagreb-Sarajevo:

Both available international ticket salesmen in Zagreb said the RAILPLUS is not valid in Bosnia. The same confirmed later at the international ticket counters in Sarajevo and Mostar. Thus, Zagreb-Sarajevo one way was 231 HRK.

Mostar-Osijek: (overnight stay in Osijek).

Ticket officer in Mostar refused to sell a ticket to Osijek, saying he can do it only for a direct train (strange). Thus, I bought one to Strizivojna-Vrpolje for 47.90 BAM, then a domestic putnicki to Osijek, 29.20 HRK.

Osijek-Pecs:

International ticket office in Osijek is closed on weekends so we were issued only local putnicki to Beli Manastir (20.20 HRK). In Beli Manastir the Railplus discount was again not available due to the fixed-price (ca 44 hrk) Edmonson ticket (!!!) to Pecs. (The one I haven't seen for years. I saw the ticket officer had a large panel full of them).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:11:52 pm by filu » Logged
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2012, 09:17:20 pm »

Both available international ticket salesmen in Zagreb said the RAILPLUS is not valid in Bosnia.
Yep, sorry we didn't check it earlier. Somehow just thought that like every European company participates (some just for <26 and >60), and didn't even cared to recheck. Turns out that countries like UK or Ukraine are in, but BiH, Turkey and Albania are out )))
Ticket officer in Mostar refused to sell a ticket to Osijek, saying he can do it only for a direct train (strange).
Sometimes such things happen on small stations where they don't have access to the system or even good enough tariff tables to calculate the fare. But more likely your cashier just didn't bother to check tariff table (they definitely must have one in Mostar) or at least call Sarajevo to ask them.
In Beli Manastir the Railplus discount was again not available due to the fixed-price (ca 44 hrk) Edmonson ticket (!!!) to Pecs.
Wow... that's something. Did you happen to keep it? It would be interesting to see it ;)
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
filu

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2012, 07:54:14 am »

Well I don't have access to a scanner here, but it's exactly like this one :-)

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/hr/ticket/HZ_Ticket_Beli_Manastir-Pecs.jpg
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines