Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:35:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  July train travel from Paris to Istambul and return to Paris
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: July train travel from Paris to Istambul and return to Paris  (Read 6759 times)
quovadis2010

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:24:52 am »

Hello, I am planning to travel in July from Paris, to Munich, to Vienna, to Budapest, to Bucharest and, lastly, to Istambul. I would like to stay 3/4 full days in each city and longer in Istambul.  I would like to return by ferry from Turkey to Italy and travel by train back to Paris.  Can anyone advise me about the smoothest manner to organize the trip? Thank you for your help.
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 08:00:45 pm »

Paris-Munich can be rather easily done by daytime high-speed trains (ICE, TGV) or overnight CNL trains. Tickets should be bought some time in advance, that assures the possibility to get discounted tickets (starting from 39 euro). Can be bought from DB website.
Munich-Vienna: many trains per day, DB Europa Spezial tickets for as low as 29 euro.
Vienna-Budapest: same thing, trains go every 2 hours during the day, tickets start from 19 euro (https://ticket.oebb.at/bin/frame_ticket.pl?ticket=jticket.pl&LANG=EN)
Budapest-Bucharest: a number of options in terms of timetable depending on your preferred time of departure/arrival. If you will stay in Budapest more than 3 days, then you can purchase discounted "Fortuna" ticket - from 29 euro. No ways to purchase online, so you will have to do it from MAV counter.
Bucharest-Istanbul: it seems that you have two major option here: a) go with regular ticket (app. 40 euro + 10 euro for couchette or 20 euro for 3 bed sleeper); b) if you intend to do some additional travels around Balkans, then it is better to consider Balkan Flexi pass (5 or 10 days within 1 month)
In case of Italy to France rail travel you should hunt for one of the TrenItalia special offers - http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=9bd599e8e609a110VgnVCM1000003f16f90aRCRD
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines