Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:21:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Buying SparSchiene Croatia tickets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buying SparSchiene Croatia tickets  (Read 14137 times)
Touring Aussies

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2010, 02:19:06 am »

Hi Folks,
Think I put this in the wrong forum the ist time

I have found that theSparSchiene Croatia does Vienna Zagreb starting from 29Euro. Found that it departs nfrom Wein Meidling and arrives at Zargreb Glavni Kolod.

Found that we appear not to be able to book this online (tried booking next month in case it was a timng issue) but can book at train stations however we arrive in Vienna on Fri and want to leave for Zagreb the following Monday (sept). I am assuming that this great fare in for more than 2 days advance booking.

Is there any other way to go about purchasing the tickets??

Thanks
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 08:31:40 am »

Yes, there are some problems with booking Wien-Croatia tickets online directly via OEBB website, but you can always purchase your tickets via CallCenter (as noted here http://www.oebb.at/pv/en/Travel_within_Europe/SparSchiene/SparSchiene_Croatia/Booking_information.jsp) or try to do it via email (Wien.Ticketline@pv.oebb.at,  now they don't list this option directly, but some time ago OEBB used to sell ticket via email by providing you with special code for printing the ticket later (when passenger already in Austria) in the ticket machine). So you might try emailing to OEBB as well. Good luck
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Touring Aussies

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 10:00:40 am »

Hi Folks,

I have followed all the advice re buying the SparSchiene tickets ie emailed them well in advance of the 92 day advance purchase date but have been advise that the far is Euro50.70 plus a reservation fee of Euro3.50 per ticket.

Can anyone confirm the actual price of Vienna to Zagreb?

And then I've been advised that there are no tickets left.

Sounds a bit strange to me as the OBB ticket office had all our details well before the tickets went on sale.

Can anyone shed some light.

Thanks
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 10:45:30 am »

Hmm... 50.7 euro it is full fare price, so no need to buy it in advance - you can pay the same fare at the train station any time. The whole trick with buying in advance was in order to get SparSchiene ticket for 29 euro.
Did you specifically asked for discounted SparSchiene ticket (http://www.oebb.at/pv/en/Travel_within_Europe/SparSchiene/SparSchiene_Croatia/index.jsp)?
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Touring Aussies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 11:05:33 am »

Hi TUT

Yes repeatly said SparSchiene tickets,  So you reckon they are trying to charge me full fare?  and telling me thee are no SparSchiene tickets.

tUt
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 11:25:05 am »

So you reckon they are trying to charge me full fare?  and telling me thee are no SparSchiene tickets.
Yes, they either misunderstood you or specifically try to sell you full fare tickets instead of discounted ones. So, our advice:
1) Email them once more and try to persuade to sell discounted tickets (give them link on their own website about Spar tickets etc.)
2) If you fail with step one (what will be a pity and disappointment with Austrian Railways service), then simply trick them back by purchasing online ticket from Vienna till last Slovenian station before Croatian border (Sevnica). Those tickets can be easily bought online directly and printed on your own (https://ticket.oebb.at/bin/frame_ticket.pl?ticket=jticket.pl&LANG=EN). Since Zagreb is located almost by Slovenian border, then ticket from Sevnica to Zagreb won't cost a lot - full fare is around 8 euro, so in total you will pay 29+8 and not 51 euro. You can buy Sevnica-Zagreb ticket in Vienna, so you won't need to get off the train there and be able to use direct Vienna-Zagreb train with two tickets for separate parts of the route. 
Touring Aussies

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 12:29:20 pm »

You know you are a great help.  Thanks heaps.

I did email them back and advised again that I was after SparSchiene tickets.  They replied that SparSchiene tickets were not on offer for the train I wanted to travel on.  The IC285 departing 0703 on 5 Sept. 
Is this possible I thought the tickets were available on all trains.

Thanks
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 02:09:01 pm »

Is this possible I thought the tickets were available on all trains.
Well, there are two ways to travel from Austria to Zagreb - via Slovenia and via Hungary. From the OEBB reply it seems that they offer discounted tickets only for the Austria-Slovenia-Croatia route, but not the one via Hungary. A little bit strange, but we can't do anything if Austrian railways doens't offer it. So the only alternative options to use in order to save money left:
1) travel in the afternoon with a help of train that goes via Slovenia (16:03-22:34)
2) travel via Slovenia during the day (8:22-16:57), but change in Villach required.
In both cases trick with ticket "break" Vienna-Sevnica (online) + Sevnica-Zagreb will work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines