Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:19:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  Family trip to Europe.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Family trip to Europe.  (Read 45580 times)
FAM5

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 12:40:19 pm »

THAT'S JUST TOO GOOD MATE!

One other question.
What is the real differance between first class and second?(besides the costs)
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 12:56:08 pm »

What is the real differance between first class and second?(besides the costs)
Well, both are rather comfortable, but in 1st class you have 2+1 seating, while in second standard 2+2. In the 1st class you can also count on some additional services, less people, noise etc.
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
FAM5

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 01:06:07 pm »

PICTURES AS WELL! SIMPLY AWESOME!
THANKS HEAPS.
Hope you don't mind but while i have been on trip advisor lately i have read about peoples questions on how to get around Europe by train.
I have answered a few and simply told them about your website and told them to look you up.

You know i'll be back with more questions!!!!

thanks again.
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 06:44:12 pm »

Hope you don't mind but while i have been on trip advisor lately i have read about peoples questions on how to get around Europe by train. I have answered a few and simply told them about your website and told them to look you up.
We always ready to help fellow travelers, so no problem at all ;)
You know i'll be back with more questions
That's the best way to proceed. First go and check everything out yourself, try to figure out what, when and how. And if some questions or troubles appear, we will try to help (if we can)
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
FAM5

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 11:53:21 am »

Hi Tut,

Once we leave Nice,can we take the train to the Cinque Terre?
My understanding is we leave Nice and travel to Genoa all the way along the coast to and through the Cinque Terre to La Specia then to Pisa and finally to Florence.
We are thinking of staying in Cinque Terre for one or two nights before travelling to Pisa for a quick stop to see the leaning tower and then stopping in Florence for a few nights.
Is all this possible?
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 12:20:48 pm »

Once we leave Nice,can we take the train to the Cinque Terre?
Definitely possible, there are quite a few direct trains from Ventimiglia to La Spezia via Genoa and it's only 17,7 EUR (per person) in case of regional train (thus no need to worry about purchasing any tickets in advance) and purchase in Italy. While Nice-Ventimiglia is just 7 EUR and less than an hour.
Also if you are ok with buying your Ventimiglia-La Spezia ticket in advance via TrenItalia website, then you can actually opt for a faster InterCity train and MINI offer ticket (start from only 9 EUR).

In case of La Spezia-Pisa route it's basically an hour journey and only 6,4 EUR per person, while Pisa-Florence is almost the same in terms of timing, but 7,1 EUR for the ticket.
FAM5

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 03:05:19 pm »

Hi again,
as i am getting closer to booking our train trip from Paris to Munich (from the German train site)i was hoping you could tell me from which station exactly in Paris is best to leave from.
We will be staying near the Louve so we are hoping to leave from the nearest station from there.
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 03:55:10 pm »

...from which station exactly in Paris is best to leave from.
Direct train towards Germany all leave from Paris-East station (Gare de l'Est), so it makes sense to book it from there, thus input 'Paris-Est-Munich Hbf' on DB website. Also it happened to be the closest train station to the Louvre area, so lucky you  ;)
FAM5

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 11:50:22 am »

What about once we  arrive into Charles de Gaulle airport.Does the train from the airport that travels to Gare Du Nord continue to a station close to the Louve or do we need to catch another train from Gare Du Nord?
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2012, 01:59:39 pm »

Does the train from the airport that travels to Gare Du Nord continue to a station close to the Louve or do we need to catch another train from Gare Du Nord?
If you mean RER B line, then it continues from 'Gare du Nord' southwest and stops at 'Châtelet-Les-Halles', which is only a few hundred meters from Louvre. Depending on where exactly your hotel is, you might as well consider next stop which is 'Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame' (just across the river)
FAM5

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2012, 11:22:48 am »

Do we need to change trains once we get to Gare Du Nord or does it continue onto 'Châtelet-Les-Halles' without us getting off?
Also,once we get to Charles de Galle airport (terminal 1) will  this also be the only train we will need to catch?My understanding of the airport is that it passes through each terminal.
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2012, 02:13:11 pm »

Do we need to change trains once we get to Gare Du Nord or does it continue onto 'Châtelet-Les-Halles' without us getting off?
It's through train, so no need to change
once we get to Charles de Galle airport (terminal 1) will  this also be the only train we will need to catch?My understanding of the airport is that it passes through each terminal.
Almost, the actual RER train station is located near terminal 3, so you will need to use free CDGVal LRT shuttle connecting terminal 1 with 3 (and further with 2). Airport map with all the important transport things + a website with journey planner
FAM5

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 01:47:12 pm »

Hi,
Just  been checking out the Austrian train site and noticed that we can book for our trip (7thSept) which is more than 90 days in advanced.
When i select the fare and time and go to the next step it asks me for compartment type or salon etc.
What is the differance with all these and does the price change with each separte selection.
I have gone as far as filling out the credit card details but i didn't want to go to far as yet as i was a bit worried about being charged(i just want get prices before being charged)can you please send me the steps i need to take?
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 02:30:11 pm »

Ok, so as far as we understand, you mean here Salzburg-Venice trip, right?

If so, then once you enter the destinations it should look like this:

Above all you can see a full fare price ('flexible' for 83,2 euro in 2nd class), while a bit lower prices marked with green clover leaf, those are discounted fares, so once you choose a connection that has a discounted tickets that will be the price you pay. Basically you see the price before you even select a connection
When i select the fare and time and go to the next step it asks me for compartment type or salon etc.
Salon is a just an airplane type seats 2+2 in a row, while compartment is a compartment for 6 passengers. Not always both are available in every train, in most high-speed train it will be usually airplane type salon, while in most EuroCity it's usually compartments. Price is the same, meaning you just pay for seat reservation, which cost equally in both. While in case of discounted tickets it's already included in the price, so you won't need to worry about it.
...can you please send me the steps i need to take?
Actually we now have a short guide on how to purchase international tickets from OeBB website - http://europetrainsguide.com/Advice/How-to-Buy-Train-Tickets/Austria-OeBB.html , so you might take a look and see whether there is still any further question ;)
FAM5

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 12:23:05 pm »

Hi Tut,
The 83.20.fare is flexible.Does this mean that if i purchase this then i don't need to book a specific time yet and this can be booked close to the time?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines