Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:43:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  General Discussion  |  Central European City Trips
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Central European City Trips  (Read 14779 times)
SuvajitMandal

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2012, 03:48:02 pm »

Hi,

I have posted some queries in the other section of this forum regarding Train Tickets and fares, that’s was of immense help. I would like to ask some more in general about my trip and plans and what I should be doing. Hope this is the tight place.

I am travelling to Munich -Prague-Vienna-Budapest.
I plant to do the Zugspitze Mountain Excursion from Munich, then I plan to spend 3 days in Prague, 3 days in Vienna and 2 days in Budapest. I will consume quite a few hours in travelling but still sufficient time left to excurse these cities.

Please suggest me apart from day excursions from Prague and Vienna, whats the best way to explore and absorb the cities (Prague and Vienna). I prefer a relaxed way of seeing the place and visiting some museums, Castles and of course food.

Also suggest me a quick but intense way to see Budapest, what to do and how.

Thanks,
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 03:07:58 pm »

Well, to be honest we usually limit our advice on transportation portion of any journey, so it is a bit difficult to play a role of a city guide, we simply not that good at that :)
Although for instance for a day agenda in Prague we would recommend something by foot, for instance route like this, as you can understand - totally subjective choice and many people would prefer something different. In case of Vienna most the things are a bit more compact, so you can just wonder inside the ring and be sure that you'll find something interesting. Or if to speak about any exact plan, then something like this for a start, while next you can just make a specific trips to places like Belvedere, Schönbrunn, Hundertwasser spots etc., it all depends on your preferences
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
SuvajitMandal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 07:51:21 am »

Hi,

I understand the constraint for this forum.  But at the same time thanks and appreciate your advide and help for the route maps. Thanks a lot.

Suvajit
kirsten

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 12:47:30 pm »

I love http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praga,
the best city if I ever been  ::)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines