Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:29:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Night train from Krakow To Budapest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Night train from Krakow To Budapest  (Read 23158 times)
Sher

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 10:05:38 pm »

Well.  It was worth a try to ask. Thank you. I will let you know what I end up doing.
Sher

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 04:50:10 am »

After much consideration I decided to use an agency and purchase my tickets.  I know that it was not recommended to do so here.  I contacted an agency and purchased two tickets for the night train from Krakow to Budapist 60 days from my day of departure.
The price was E49 per ticket for a two compartment sleeper and E20 service charge.  The agency uses a Paypal account and they do not have my credit card informaition  The total cost was $155 for both tickets.
The reason I decided to do it was not only the price and the use of Paypal but I did not feel confident that there would be seats available with only two days to obtain tickets in Krakow.
If I recieive the tickets, or not, as the case may be I will report back here.
I want again to thank you for all of your help.   
Sher

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 04:17:52 pm »

I promised to write and give the final outcome of this problem.  I did use an agency.  If anyone is interested I will give the name.  But it wasn't a good experience.  The agency charged me $155 for two tickets with a two person sleeper.  They never did provide the tickets.  Although I gave them several weeks to deliver them to my house.  Even after we were in Krakow they emailed me promising me the delivery.
We finally walked to the train station and purchased two tickets.  The price was 196 PLN which I think they said was E69.  I have put in a protest to my credit card company and am waiting for a final resolution of the charge.
The train compartment was fine but I found the trip to be very noisy with a lot of stops.  I didn't get a lot of sleep.
You told me to not buy from an agency there and I should have listened.  Although it turned out ok in the end. Again I want to thank ou for all of your help

tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 04:25:37 pm »

We finally walked to the train station and purchased two tickets.  The price was 196 PLN which I think they said was E69.
It's great price for such connection. And judging from the fare (196 PLN = 49 euro) it is obviously discounted Spar ticket, so you were fortunate enough that some of those still left for the day you wanted ;)
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Sher

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 05:17:00 am »

I also want to say that after I purchased my ticket my travel companion tried to buy her's and I must have gotten the last ticket for that fare.  She wouldn't pay the higher fare they wanted for the other berth in the cabin.  She elected to stay in a four person compartment for a lesser price.  The berth in my compartment remained empty as did the other three beds in her compartment.
The train cars were mostly empty. We were very lucky.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines