Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:08:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  Family trip to Europe - take 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Family trip to Europe - take 2  (Read 24146 times)
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 01:50:31 pm »

I'm still having problems with booking on SNFC
Finally English version of French SNCF website got fixed (http://en.voyages-sncf.com/en), so you can try booking via this one (however again remember to mark "France" as ticket collection country, that way you won't be redirected to Rail Europe website)

What is the actual name of the Sorrento train station?Is it Sorrento Porto?
Well, from our knowledge there is only one station in Sorrento. TrenItalia website for some reason calls it Sorrento Porto, while on Circumvesuviana website (eavcampania.it), which is the place to look for the schedule, it's just Sorrento
How long does it take to get from Naples station to Sorrento station? And also from Rome station to Sorrento station?
From Naples (Central Station) to Sorrento by Circumvesuviana (local company operator in Naples metropolitan area) it takes from 50 min. to 1:06 minutes (depending on connection). While fastest trains from Rome to Naples take 1:08 (Italo) or 1:10 (TrenItalia), so basically with change in Naples you can travel from Rome to Sorrento in less than 2:30 hours

If i want to travel from Reggio Calabria to Sorrento what would be the best way?
You can again take direct high-speed or intercity train to Naples, but in order not to make circles it's actually possible to get off in Salerno, catch local train to Pompei and there already mentioned Circumvesuviana train to Sorrento. Reggio di Calabria to Pompei with change in Salerno takes roughly 5 hours and then another 30 min. from Pompei to Sorrento
My understanding is that there is no direct route so is it best to go from Reggio to Naples then Sorrento or Reggio to Rome then Sorrento?
Rome is way to far, so it's very illogic to go all that way. And even change in Naples will be already a bit of going there and back, however with Reggio-Naples-Sorrento you'll need only one train change compared to two with Reggio-Salerno-Pompei-Sorrento
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
FAM5

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 12:48:15 pm »

Hi TUT,
i managed to book our train trip from Paris - Munich on DB BAHN.

The trip goes from Paris Munich with 1 change at Manheim.
From Manhein to Munich we can and have reserved seats but from Paris to Manhein you can't reserve seats but on the online ticket i have seats allocated.

Is this all ready to go or do i still have to reserve seats even though i can't at present.
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 03:48:31 pm »

Is this all ready to go or do i still have to reserve seats even though i can't at present.
Yep, everything is set. On the leg from Paris to Mannheim it's just a bit different rules, there seat reservation is always "included", because it's compulsory for all the trains. While with trains from Mannheim to Munich seat reservation isn't compulsory (most passengers don't bother with it), so it goes as a sort of extra
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
FAM5

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2013, 11:20:15 am »

Hi TUT,
I just wanted to thank you for your help wih our overseas trip.
All our train trips went to plan.
Everything you suggested worked out perfectly.
You have been a great help and i thankyou for this great website.

FAM5.
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2013, 12:01:24 am »

Everything you suggested worked out perfectly.
Glad to hear that ;) It's always nice when everything goes ok with big rail trips. Now you have something to remember :)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines