Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  Bucharest - Brasov (and beyond)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bucharest - Brasov (and beyond)  (Read 6441 times)
warlord

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2013, 06:46:38 pm »

Talked to you earlier about my trip.  I've gotten the bus scheduals easily enough from autogari.ro, but I'm having a hard time trying to get the train scheduels from  http://www.infofer.ro/ (from www.cfr.ro) as it keeps giving me errors.  So I must be doing something wrong.  I could look at www.bahn.de, but didn't know if they would list all the trains or not.

Anyways trying to find the following trains:

Bucureşti (Bucharest) - Braşov (Sat departure - think they should be the same train every Sat)
Braşov - Făgăraş (round trip for a daytrip) (Mon-Wed)
Braşov - Sighişoara (round trip for a daytrip) (Mon-Wed)
Braşov - Sinaia (round trip for a daytrip) (Mon-Wed)
Braşov - Bucureşti (On a Thursday)

If you can figure out how to work that train website or know if bahn.de would have all the same exact details that would be great.  Just wanted to know the times etc compared to the buses from autogari.ro so I know what would be the best way.

Thanks again...
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 02:04:49 pm »

...but I'm having a hard time trying to get the train scheduels from infofer.ro (from cfr.ro) as it keeps giving me errors.
Strange, CFR website seems to work fine. There is a "English" button at top right on cfrcalatori.ro, maybe try entering timetable via English interface. Or if you right now trying English interface, then try Romanian
So I must be doing something wrong.  I could look bahn.de, but didn't know if they would list all the trains or not.
Usually yes, in majority of cases DB website is good enough source to check the timetable, so if you having trouble with CFR website, then just use bahn.de
Bucureşti (Bucharest) - Braşov (Sat departure - think they should be the same train every Sat)
Trains between Bucharest and Brasov are rather frequent, so it's not a problem to catch one any time of the day (same frequency on the way back)

Braşov - Făgăraş (round trip for a daytrip) (Mon-Wed)

Braşov - Sighişoara (round trip for a daytrip) (Mon-Wed)

Braşov - Sinaia (round trip for a daytrip) (Mon-Wed)

Once again as with Bucharest to Brasov, you an count on more or less same frequency of trains on the way back from Făgăraş, Sighişoara & Sinaia to Brasov (or just check bahn.de and see it yourself)

Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
warlord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 06:45:59 pm »

Seems I wasn't getting the proper page using the English on the www.cfr.ro (then train schedual).  It has the same layout as the http://cfrcalatori.ro/ , but wouldn't work.  Your link did so perfect.

Thanks again and now I can decide on if the buses or trains will be better with some of these trips...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines