Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:30:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Best way from Prague to Lake Bled
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best way from Prague to Lake Bled  (Read 8750 times)
sndraco

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2013, 01:13:52 am »

Hi

I am trying to get from Prague to Lake Bled. I know there are primarily 3 options

1. Via Vienna. This will be an all day trip and bit more expensive than #2

2. 39 Euros (I can't find the ticket on eshop unfortunately) via Linz

3. Prague to Munich and night train from Munich to Bled. I can see a 29E fare from Prague to Munich on DB, but can't see the fare or buy it from Munich to Bled. (it says not available on line).

Any ideas on how I can lock down one of the options esp. #2 or 3. Ideally would like a travelling in the night option esp. if not too too expensive, say 70-80E or so.

Thanks

Shri
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 10:39:36 am »

1. Via Vienna. This will be an all day trip and bit more expensive than #2
Option via Vienna won't be very fast, but you not necessarily need to opt for the connections offered by Czech Railways (meaning early departure at 6:39am, from 49 euro), since besides that you can always catch a train to Vienna (from 19 euro) and change there to domestic Vienna-Villach (again from 19 euro), while from Villach it's not a problem to reach Jesenice/Bled

2. 39 Euros (I can't find the ticket on eshop unfortunately) via Linz
Currently discounted tickets from Czech Republic to Slovenia are sold only via Vienna (mentioned above 6:39am departure). If you specifically want to travel via Linz, then you can purchase separate tickets - Prague-Linz (from 19 euro on CD website), then Linz-Villach (again from 19 euro, but already on OeBB website) and another 12 euro for Villach-Lesce Bled (unlike the previous two no need to purchase this one in advance, can do it already in Villach)

3. Prague to Munich and night train from Munich to Bled. I can see a 29E fare from Prague to Munich on DB, but can't see the fare or buy it from Munich to Bled. (it says not available on line).
First of all, Prague-Munich when purchased in advance via CD website starts with only 19 euro. Regarding overnight train Munich-Ljubljana-Zagreb it's already an old problem that DB stopped selling tickets for it online. But there are few solutions: a) you can contact DB directly and order your ticket via phone/email; b) you can get ticket at agencies which have DB terminal, thus can sell DB tickets (for instance few of them in Prague). For this overnight train it is possible to get discounted SparNight tickets, so obviously it makes sense to purchase tickets as early as possible, since number of discounted tickets are limited

Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
sndraco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 08:18:02 pm »

I called and left a message for EurAide which is the agency in America for DB. I would prefer dealing w/ DB directly by phone or email but I couldn't find a way to do so at least not from DB site.

Thanks

Shriram
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines