Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:27:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  All other train travel questions  |  Name on ticket vs name on credit card - please help!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Name on ticket vs name on credit card - please help!  (Read 9352 times)
tessakerrichwalker

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2013, 03:47:33 pm »

I am desperately looking for some advice!

I booked (online with my personal credit card) a trip on OBB. My trip is return Venice > Wien for a couple sharing a sleeper.

I got confused and entered my name on the first ticket (Venice > Wien) and my partner's on the second (Wien > Venice). Will this be a problem boarding the train? Does the name on each ticket have to be the same as the name on the credit card that booked that ticket? Will an official or someone check this? We are travelling both routes together.

I did contact OBB but they cannot change the name on the ticket. They suggested I cancel the tickets and rebook. I'm worried about cancellation fees as their site doesn't offer the information I need in English. I tried google translate but I still don't know what the cancellation fees are.

Any help and advice will be appreciated.

Thanks, Tessa
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 04:26:38 pm »

I got confused and entered my name on the first ticket (Venice > Wien) and my partner's on the second (Wien > Venice). Will this be a problem boarding the train? Does the name on each ticket have to be the same as the name on the credit card that booked that ticket? Will an official or someone check this? We are travelling both routes together.
Well, when two passengers traveling on one ticket (like your case?) OeBB website anyways asks just one name and not two, so honestly we don't see any problem here.  On the first journey from Venice to Vienna it will be you showing your ID as a proof that it's your ticket (but in most cases conductors won't even ask for it, it's more a formality), while on the journey back it will be your partner. Name of the passengers doesn't have to be the same as the name on the card you booking tickets with, ID check just serves as proof that it is your tickets
I did contact OBB but they cannot change the name on the ticket. They suggested I cancel the tickets and rebook.
Weird, maybe they misunderstood you or something, because, as was said above, in the multi-person tickets it's just one specified person traveling must prove their identity (rules state that Bei Mehrpersonen-Fahrkarten muss eine bei der Buchung angegebene reisende Person ihre Identität nachweisen), there are no field to insert names of everybody traveling on multi-person ticket
I'm worried about cancellation fees as their site doesn't offer the information I need in English. I tried google translate but I still don't know what the cancellation fees are.
Well, with booked online PDF self-printed tickets cancellation actually not even possible and when you book tickets online OeBB website will warn you about it. However again, from your case it doesn't really seem that you have to worry
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines