Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:34:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Booking Train Tkts in France - what am I doing wrong
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Booking Train Tkts in France - what am I doing wrong  (Read 7546 times)
Touring Aussies

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2013, 08:52:06 am »

Hi,
I have followed your advise (Thank You) re booking tickets Paris to Lourdes 26th Aug but there only appears to be only 4 trains.  Previously when I've check there was a train departing at 1028 (TGV8573).
Also  www.tgv-europe.com takes you to en.voyages-snfc or am I doing that wrong.

Can you please help
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 07:03:30 pm »

Previously when I've check there was a train departing at 1028 (TGV8573).
Apparently French Railways decided to make some changes, so now at 10:28 departs TGV 8533 to Hendaye (via Bayonne), while for passengers traveling to Lourdes company proposes to use this train until Bayonne and make a change there for the local train Bayonne-Lourdes-Toulouse. Obviously it's not very convenient, but waiting time in Bayonne is just half and hour, plus discounted Prem's tickets are still offered for the whole route Paris-Lourdes (although for direct TGV trains Prem's tickets are cheaper and start from only 25 euro)

Also www.tgv-europe.com takes you to en.voyages-snfc or am I doing that wrong.
That is ok, it's just French Railways (SNCF) finally managed to introduce fully working English version of their official website
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Touring Aussies

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 10:04:42 am »

OK.  Just when I thought I was doing OK.
This is what we are trying to achieve departing Paris anywhere between 0800-1000 to arrive in Lourdes between 1400-1700 approx.
So if I have it correct we can get the 7h28  IDTVG2967 or 7h28 TVG8531 departing same place going to same place but different trains or theTVG8533 at 1028 then get off at Bayonne & having brought  travel onto Lourdes.  How do you know what time the train gets into Bayonne to buy the leg to Lourdes and how much time would you need to transfer.

If you have a better suggestion we are very open to it.

I think I'm beginning to like Italian rail.

One last question is there any way to change your seats I not sure I got it right when I brought another ticket

Thanks heaps
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 01:32:40 pm »

So if I have it correct we can get the 7h28  IDTVG2967 or 7h28 TVG8531 departing same place going to same place but different trains or theTVG8533 at 1028 then get off at Bayonne & having brought  travel onto Lourdes.
Well, at the moment & judging from SNCF website your choices are

As you can see only 6:28 train is the direct one, while all other options require one or two changes   
How do you know what time the train gets into Bayonne to buy the leg to Lourdes and how much time would you need to transfer.
If you scroll down on the same page you would be able to see the exact schedule for all the connections. In this particular case Paris-Bayonne is 10:28-15:32, while Bayonne-Lourdes is 16:03-17:40, totally enough time to change trains. And no need to buy ticket for the second leg from Bayonne to Lourdes, since you can simply buy one through ticket Paris-Bayonne-Lourdes with the predefined train change

One last question is there any way to change your seats I not sure I got it right when I brought another ticket
As far as we know, you can't change seats on your booked tickets, especially when it's discounted tickets. However nobody forbids you simply take any free seat once you already on the train. If the train isn't full, then conductor won't mind that you've taken different seats from the ones listed in your ticket ;)
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines