Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:23:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  RERSERVING couchette on krakow to budapest train with interrail card
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RERSERVING couchette on krakow to budapest train with interrail card  (Read 8121 times)
psdgb1

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2013, 08:45:53 pm »

Hi, I am hoping to travel via the overnight train from Krakow to Budapest and would like to reserve a 6 berth couchette in advance. Unfortunately raileurope.com does not seem to allow me to reserve a couchette and I do not know whether there is a website where I can make this reservation. I need to reserve rather than book as I am going to be travelling on an interrail card. Help in finding such a website would be much appreciated!!!
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 09:44:30 pm »

Unfortunately for you it will be difficult to get couchette/sleeper reservation for train from Poland to Hungary via official railways websites, since first of all railways rarely sell just reservations via internet, plus in this particular case Polish Railways (PKP) doesn't even sell online tickets for connections to Poland, so definitely you can't buy reservations either. However, reservations for Krakow to Budapest carriages should be available not only in Poland/Hungary, but also at any ticket counter with access to EPA reservation system, thus a good chance that you can buy desired reservation even in UK via DB agencies which specialize on selling European tickets (at least it won't hurt to try)

p.s. when do you plan to travel? Since if it's not peak period, then maybe it doesn't really worth a hassle to "hunt" for reservation before actual arrival to Poland. Couchettes in Warsaw/Krakow-Budapest carriages aren't as popular as sleepers, so there is good chances that it will be available even before departure
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
mich2000

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 12:08:33 pm »

Hi, I plan to travel from Krakow to Budapest on 13-Oct-2013 (Sunday). However I have checked from the intercity website (http://intercity.pl/), it shows no train on Sunday. Is it traditional that no train travel on Sunday?
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 03:13:43 pm »

Is it traditional that no train travel on Sunday?
No, through carriages Krakow to Budapest (one couchette & one sleeper) according to schedule run everyday, and you can actually see that everything is fine with Sunday Oct.6 or Sunday Oct.20, but with Oct.13 somehow it shows the same schedule with suggestion to change in Breclav, thus in a way suggesting that through carriages to Budapest won't run.
Situation is a bit weird, since there is no logic explanation why specifically on this day it's not there, especially since on Oct.14 from Budapest you can buy tickets for Budapest-Krakow route (through carriages are polish, so in order to depart from Budapest on 14th, they need to arrive to Budapest from Krakow), so maybe it's a simple schedule mistake on polish side, at least it seems to be. Doubt that carriages will be canceled for one trip Krakow-Budapest-Krakow and Hungarians won't know about it
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines