Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:47:45 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  All other train travel questions  |  Cancellation and refund of train tickets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cancellation and refund of train tickets  (Read 12276 times)
ashvamedh

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2013, 10:44:51 am »

Hi,
I wanted to check what are the cancellation and refund policies for train tickets in Austria and Hungary. I tried searching on websites of OeBB and MAV, but could not find the exact details.

I am planning to book online  SparSchiene tickets from Vienna to Salzburg, then Vienna to Budapest. From Budapest I will book a MAV train ticket to Prague. From Prague either I will come back to Vienna by www.cd.cz ticket or by Student bus.

I read on the forum that SparSchiene tickets are non-refundable. Is that correct. Do the same regulations apply to MAV and www.cd.cz tickets as well?
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 08:31:51 pm »

I read on the forum that SparSchiene tickets are non-refundable. Is that correct. Do the same regulations apply to MAV and www.cd.cz tickets as well?
Well, it is not just Sparschiene tickets, but usually cheapest discounted tickets (many names in different countries) are non-refundable/non-exchangeable, basically it's the price passengers pay for bargain fares.
Information about "tariff/fare rules" can be found once buying it, but to save you time - with OeBB exchanges and refunds are not allowed (however did you consider switching to WestBahn on Vienna to Salzburg journey? Full WestBahn fare is not as expensive as full OeBB), with MAV SparDay/SparNight discounted tickets Budapest-Prague it's the same story - no refund or exchange (however MAV offers special tourist ticket for 49 euro, it is sold in unlimited numbers per departure, thus good for those who isn't sure about travel plans, because it's still much cheaper than standard full fare ticket), with CD discounted "First Minute Europa (Austria)" it's again no refund/exchange policy
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines