Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:26:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  Booking sleeper, Beograd-Bar (and return)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Booking sleeper, Beograd-Bar (and return)  (Read 9016 times)
Macowiec

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2013, 04:45:10 pm »

This about train D433, from Beograd to Bar. The train is shown to carry 2nd class seats, couchettes, and sleepers, and reservations are required.

The trouble is getting them. The Man in Seat 61 says "The Serbian Railways reservation system is linked to the western European railway computer reservation systems, so seat, couchette or sleeper reservations can be made on domestic or international trains starting in Belgrade from most reservation offices or train booking agencies across Europe, including UK European rail booking agencies.".

Having a DB booking terminal here on my desk, connected to EPA, I cannot book this train. Using station 7216050 for Beograd, and 6281081 for Bar (CG) (alternatively using 6200178 as suggested by Wasteels in Budapest), I get :

(using 6281081): Train 433: 7889: Kode-Nr. des Ausstiegsbahnhofs falsch. EP0613

(using 6200178): Train 433: 7850: Zug und Strecke passen nicht zusanmen. EP0510

Any ideas? I'm thinking either one of the station numbers is wrong, or the train is under some other number.
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 07:01:20 pm »

Did you try to go easier (and kind of obvious) way, meaning addressing ZS eShop ? Making a reservation (=meaning pay later) is a bit more complicated there, but book (as buying) isn't a problem
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Macowiec

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 11:35:06 am »

Yes, I did test their system. Every time I tried, though, clicking on "Purchase Tickets" led to the error "Service is currently unavailable!". I tried several times over the course of 5 days.

And this is more of a general question, though, as my customer would like the ticket in hand ahead of time, and not have the trouble of picking up the ticket in Belgrade. The basic question is whether whether ZS is actually connected to the EPA or not.

I've written to the contact address for ZS twice and received no reply. I called their infoline, and no one spoke English, and I certainly don't speak Serbian!
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 09:52:00 pm »

Yes, I did test their system. Every time I tried, though, clicking on "Purchase Tickets" led to the error "Service is currently unavailable!". I tried several times over the course of 5 days.
Yep, unfortunately sometimes there is a problem with booking system. As of now "purchase" option doesn't work, while "reservation" option works fine, however it's not a solution, since passenger needs to buy out the reservation (in one of the ZS counters) during one day
The basic question is whether whether ZS is actually connected to the EPA or not.
As far as we know - yes.

Any ideas? I'm thinking either one of the station numbers is wrong, or the train is under some other number.
Sometimes with trains in EPA you need to add a 0 or 00 in front of a train number. No guarantees that it will help, but if you have access to the terminal, why not to try? Another option is simply to visit DB counter and ask there to take a look (experienced international ticket cashier will now better then we do :), so you might get a hint on how to find needed train
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Macowiec

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 12:22:15 pm »

Sometimes with trains in EPA you need to add a 0 or 00 in front of a train number. No guarantees that it will help, but if you have access to the terminal, why not to try?

I finally got around to trying this for train D433 from Beograd to Bar. No luck. It would appear the link to the Serbian system isn't working.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines