Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:21:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  General Discussion  |  Trenitalia Refund
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trenitalia Refund  (Read 13255 times)
aoz48x

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2013, 12:04:49 pm »

Hoping that someone can answer this question.

I've been planning a trip to Italy for this October for some months now and have already purchased rail tickets Venice - Rome, Rome - Florence and the Florence - Rome.  Unfortunately I'm now unlikely to be available to take the trip and wanted to try and get a refund if it was available. The tickets were bought using the super economy fares in either First or Business class.

From memory these tickets were non-refundable when I bought them, but I can't find any information on the tickets themselves to confirm this an when I went onto Trenitalia's website it talks about refunding a ticket but didn't give me any clear information so unsure if I can apply for a refund or not.

Any information to help me answer this
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 09:31:29 am »

First of all sorry about late reply, had been traveling and not always in the areas with accessible internet connection

Regarding the question, unfortunately for you the whole deal behind Super Economy offer is that tickets are 100% non-refundable & non-exchangible, that is the reason why they sometimes being very cheap. Here is the TrenItalia info about tariff rules (TrenItalia also should have warn you at the moment of purchase about conditions). Our suggestion (in order not to lose money) is try to look on big travel forums for some fellow travelers who might travel around your date, maybe you'll get lucky and can sort of re-sell your ticket to somebody. Obviously it's not a great suggestion, but probably it's the only thing we came up at the moment  :-\
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
aoz48x

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 10:50:53 am »

Thanks for your response.

To be honest you've confirmed what I already thought, but had to ask in the off chance that I hadn't blown the money.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines