Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:54:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  Overnight train from Vienna to Krakow
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Overnight train from Vienna to Krakow  (Read 6400 times)
Kiwiline

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2014, 03:13:04 pm »

I wish to book a sleeper for my family of four (2 adults, 2 kids ages 10 &13) Wien - Krakow for this coming April.  I have been to the OBB online ticket site and found such a train departing Vienna at 22:31 and arriving Krakow at 6:23.  However, no matter what date I input, this train is always listed as Not Available.  Can anyone help me here?  Is online ticketing not an option for an overnight train?  Many thanks!
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 08:14:03 pm »

Kiwiline, there is an old problem with such connections when booking anything else than seats (e.g. sleepers or couchettes). The case is that OeBB website in Austria-Poland routes sells tickets only for seating carriages, while in case of Vienna-Krakow overnight connection there are actually just two carriages (one sleeper and one couchette) attached to Vienna-Warsaw #406 train, thus OeBB website can't sell you anything for 10pm departure. Solutions for you might be as follows:
a) simply contact OeBB directly via contact form and order you tickets using other booking channel. OeBB can either mail it to you by regular mail (extra +5 euro) or you can pick up ticket once already in Austria. Also possible to contact OeBB by phone
b) go with daytime trains. There are no direct ones to Krakow during the day, but a few connections go via nearby Katowice (tickets, including discounted, can be bought online for connection Vienna-Krakow, thus you will need just make an easy change and nothing else)

p.s. also bringing your attention that according to OeBB with Austria-Poland connections "Children up to their 15th birthday travel free of charge, if they are accompanied by their parents/grandparents"
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines