Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:05:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Return ticket Košice - Gdansk
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Return ticket Košice - Gdansk  (Read 11823 times)
rasha

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2010, 11:14:30 pm »

Greetings!  :)

I red on ZSSK website that there for international return tickets Slovakia - Poland there is 60% discount on ZSSK, and 40% on PKP. A red also that Košice - Krakow return ticket costs 34 eur, and Košice - Warsaw 44 euros. So it's only 10 eur difference between Krakow and Warsaw which is a bargain. So I was wondering: How much the Košice - Gdansk return ticket costs?

And one more question. I plan to arrive to Košice by IC 536 at 21:51, and leave by 1380 at 23:29, and to buy ticket to Poland in time space between 21:56 and 23:29. Is the international ticket window at Košice station working at that time?
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 11:54:17 pm »

Hmm... interesting, ZSSK-PKP return tickets now with 60% discount on ZSSK - good news, it used to be only 40%
As far as we see on ZSSK website - change was made just today  :)

Concerning your question - it is not that difficult to count:
Kosice-Plavec(gr) TCV tariff 11.5 euro, Plavec(gr)-Krakow-Wars.-Gdansk - TCV tariff 39 euro, so in total return ticket Kosice-Gdansk (via Plavec) will cost 56 euro.
In most stations within ZSSK there is no clear separation between international and domestic counters, since tickets issued with a help of computer, so don't worry - at least one of the windows will be open for sure. It's good to remember that Prague train is leaving Kosice after 10pm, so it's not just your Keszthely-Warsaw
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 12:26:33 am »

Thank you!  :)

Well that is realy cheap considering that someone can travel Krakow - Warsaw - Poland return for only 22 euros with more comfortable ande faster EIC, adding now only 3 euros for reservation, for money even cheaper than TLK.
Compulsory reservations for EIC, EC and Express trains in Poland are now less:  http://www.intercity.pl/?page=ceny
For EIC and EC now are 12 zloty, and for Express only 3 zloty.

And one more question: If I for example use that ticket on train which goes from Krakow to Gdansk via Warsaw, and use that train on part Krakow - Warsaw, and on another day continue trip Warsaw - Gdansk, do I have to specify to train conductor that I will use that ticket just till Warsaw, and then continue to Gdansk on another train?
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:00:27 am »

Well that is realy cheap considering that someone can travel Krakow - Warsaw - Poland return for only 22 euros with more comfortable ande faster EIC, adding now only 3 euros for reservation, for money even cheaper than TLK.
That is why we all like to travel by train in Central and Eastern Europe - you can always trick more expensive domestic tariff with cheaper international one  ;)
If I for example use that ticket on train which goes from Krakow to Gdansk via Warsaw, and use that train on part Krakow - Warsaw, and on another day continue trip Warsaw - Gdansk, do I have to specify to train conductor that I will use that ticket just till Warsaw, and then continue to Gdansk on another train?
No, as far as we know, such practice is obligatory only with certain domestic tickets (usually you need to stamp it at the station or receive special piece of paper which fixates "break" in journey), but not international. International tickets aren't "tied" with any specific train, so if someone really wants, s/he can get off at every next station of the route as far as passenger stays within validity period of a ticket.
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 01:46:51 am »

And one more question  ;D
How do you count TCV tariff ticket prices?  ;D
I need just one more ticket price quote: Same route, just extended - return ticket Košice - (Gdansk) - Hel?
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 02:01:49 am »

I need just one more ticket price quote: Same route, just extended - return ticket Košice - (Gdansk) - Hel?
Plavec(gr)-Gdynia-Hel is 42.6 euro, so Kosice-Hel-Kosice via Plavec will cost just a little bit over 60 euro
How do you count TCV tariff ticket prices?
Simplest way is CD TCV tariff calculator - http://jizdenka.idos.cz/IT.aspx?Lang=69
But there are certain limitations with usage of it (depending on destination), so it is not golden standard. Sometimes it is useful to recheck with TCV tariff books published by railways.
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 04:58:56 pm »

I found some bad news on PKP website: the train 1380/1381 "Varsovia" Warsaw - Keszthely - Warsaw (via Plaveč) will not run this summer because of some railway bridge fracture on that route.

So I thought of different route: from Budapest to Bratislava return ticket 16 euros. And then buying a return ticket on this route:

outward:

Bratislava - Kuty (Gr)
Kuty(Gr)*breclav*(hodonin/brno)*prerov*bohumin*Zebrzydowice(Gr)
Zebrzydowice(Gr)*katow*idzik*warsz*dziald*Gdynia Gl.
Gdynia Gl.*Hel

return:

Hel*Gdynia Gl.
Gdynia Gl.*dziald*idzik*krakow*trzeb*oswiec*Zebrzydowice(Gr)
and through Czech Republic and Slovakia same route as outward

it should be 82,28 euros for that return ticket with discounts. It is stated on ZSSK website that border point between countries can be different on outward and return journey on Slovakia - Poland conections. But I was wondering can I get discount (60% on ZSSK and 40% on ČD and PKP part) considering that it is different route through Poland, and it is not direct but via Czech Republic? Is there possibility that man on ticket window in Bratislava can say that he can't sell me ticket like that or that he can sell me but without discount? And also I don't speak Slovakian, only English. Maybe it will be easier to buy that ticket in Wasteels office in Bratislava?
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 05:37:13 pm »

In theory it is not a problem at all that your routes in Poland are different, since possibility of different border station in return ticket is already presupposes different routes in the destination country itself. And it is rather easy to count the fare itself as far as you know the distance on each leg of your journey. But, as always, everything depends on ticket cashier - how knowledgeable and skillful he/she is.
So, as you already noted, it is better to use Wasteels office - they usually are much better with complicated tickets and they used to issue tickets by hand (-->more flexibility), while regular counters use computer.
We would also recommend to write down you exact route there and back (like "Zebrzydowice(Gr)*katow*idzik*warsz*dziald*Gdynia Gl.") on a piece of paper - it will simplify the whole procedure.

p.s. the idea behind going via Czech Republic is in usage of the overnight carriage to Warsaw?
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 06:11:14 pm »

Thank you for your very quick response.  :)

Yes, the idea is to use overnight carriage between Bratislava - Warsaw, and in return Krakow - Budapest. Via Czech Republic is only 8 euros more expensive then via Skalite(Gr), but it is much more easier because train Zilina - Katowice - Krakow is rather slow. I'm still considering those two options.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines