Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:04:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  From ROME to MONTE CARLO (NICE VILLE), from NICE to BASEL, by train
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: From ROME to MONTE CARLO (NICE VILLE), from NICE to BASEL, by train  (Read 11458 times)
Lika

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2014, 12:25:55 am »

Hi  :)
please, help me to find the cheapest way to get route Rome-Monte Carlo at 18.04 by train, and please, the best fare from NICE to BASEl  by train, or maybe one leg  this route w/a?  for example, NICE-GENEVA w/a, or X (any city in Suisse) - BASEL w/a
    I leave Basel 20.04 at 7pm, and  I'd like to get Suisse trip or at least its part by train.     
    Thank you in advance :)
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 01:35:58 am »

Rome-Monte Carlo at 18.04 by train
For passengers traveling from Italy to Côte d'Azur main keyword to remember is Ventimiglia, it is last Italian border station before France. If you visit TrenItalia website now, then you can get train tickets Rome-Ventimiglia for 18.04 roughly for 50-70 euro (depending on connection, InterCity trains are bit cheaper, but Frecciabianca trains are faster), the whole route with potential change in Genova would take 7-8 hours (also possible to travel overnight). While from Ventimiglia there are frequent daytime trains to Nice (ticket is 8 euro no matter when you buy it), journey take less than an hour

the best fare from NICE to BASEl  by train, or maybe one leg  this route w/a?  for example, NICE-GENEVA w/a, or X (any city in Suisse) - BASEL w/a
Well, exact answer depends on date. You want to travel on the 19th or early morning 20th? But probably most convenient choice would be to catch EasyJet/Swiss airplane from Nice to Geneva (for 19 and 20.04 prices are in 60 euro range). While from Geneva get a nice train ride for 2:30-2:45 and 36,6 CHF (SuperSaver discounted tickets available via Swiss Railways website). Going just by train all the way seems to be quite expensive for your dates, since the only direct TGV train from Nice to Geneva cost around 100 euro + you'll need a ticket from Monte Carlo to Nice and again Geneva to Basel. However in case you ok going Monte Carlo-Basel via Italy, then for 20.04 morning there is 32 euro discounted train tickets from Milan to Basel, which menas that you can travel Monte Carlo-Ventimiglia-Milan (domestic discounted tickets Ventimiglia-Milan start from only 9 euro) on the 19th, spend the night in Milan and board the morning train Milan-Basel
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Lika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 09:35:37 am »

Thanks a lot dare!!!   
Would you like to tell me: 1. you mean EasyJet or it is the other site  -- EasyJet/Swiss, for catch plane
2.Which site for train Milan-Basel? 
Thanks you again :)
Lika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 10:30:03 am »

Dear admin, I've found economy Milano-Basel train, on trenitalia.com  is extraprice for 32 E and on raileurope.com for 48 $
and EasyJet rules :)
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 11:21:35 am »

you mean EasyJet or it is the other site  -- EasyJet/Swiss, for catch plane
It is two different companies - EasyJet is low-cost airline, while Swiss Airlines is flag carrier. Both operate on route Nice to Geneva, so it just makes sense to compare the two and see which one is cheaper

I've found economy Milano-Basel train, on trenitalia.com  is extraprice for 32 E and on raileurope.com for 48 $
raileurope is a reseller website, basically an agency that sells train tickets with extra commission, thus we strongly DO NOT recommend to use their services. TrenItalia website is more reliable and definitely safer place to buy your ticket
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Lika

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 06:55:40 am »

Thanks a lot  :)  just purchased 3 tickets, back via Milano as you told,   but OMG :o
When printed i noticed that the ticket Ventimiglia-Milano IC and the ticket Milano-Basel EC are linked with CardHolders' name (bought with my BF card), whereas  tickets Rome-Genua-Ventimiglia are OK. what can I do? I already messaged trenitalia with all PNR and CP numbers of tickets, and asked him to help me resolve problem
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 11:03:52 am »

When printed i noticed that the ticket Ventimiglia-Milano IC and the ticket Milano-Basel EC are linked with CardHolders' name (bought with my BF card), whereas  tickets Rome-Genua-Ventimiglia are OK. what can I do? I already messaged trenitalia with all PNR and CP numbers of tickets, and asked him to help me resolve problem
Well, don't worry that much, because in Italy conductors usually don't check names at all, at least we never heard about any problems in regards to the situation with names. Otherwise you did the right thing while emailing TrenItalia directly.
Swiss conductors also won't care after their Italian colleagues stamp your ticket. But even if somebody will ask (however we really doubt that), than just try to explain what happened and that is it
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines