Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:19:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  All other train travel questions  |  Budapest to Vienna MAV Ticket Help. PLEASE HELP!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Budapest to Vienna MAV Ticket Help. PLEASE HELP!  (Read 8008 times)
ewilder

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2015, 10:05:48 pm »

Okay….so long and short of it, I was trying to purchase tickets through MAV for an upcoming trip from Budapest to Vienna.  Due to timing out and website complications instead of 1 ticket I ended up somehow purchasing 12 tickets.  I have called MAV and talked to their "ENGLISH" operator who doesn't seem to understand that I don't need 12 tickets and that it was a website error.  They told me I need to come to the train station a day or two before the departure to "try" to refund the tickets, but I won't be in Budapest a few days before the departure. 

There are a couple people coming with me and was going to try to get back at least a portion of the ticket cost by having them use some of them, but can't seem to get an answer if they can use them or if they are only good for one person.  The website didn't ask for names, just my birthday. 

Looking for any help or suggestions cause I really can't afford to be out almost 300 Euro on train tickets. 

The email that MAV sent is super confusing, telling me I need to go to the station to pick up the tickets…in general just really confused and don't know how to fix this. 

The tickets are for next Monday, 16.2.15. 

Please help!
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 10:31:50 pm »

Whether you can refund your tickets or not depends on the type of ticket. If it's cheapest discounted Sparschiene ticket for 13 euro refund is not allowed and the only thing left is to try to sell it to someone (e.g. maybe find some Hungarian forum and make a post there, because hardly you will be able to find enough people on the international forums who would need to travel on exactly Feb. 16 or, as an alternative, you can simply try selling your tickets in front of the MAV ticket counter at Keleti station like 30 min. before departure, when there definitely gonna be some passengers wanting to travel on the next (=your) train to Vienna. It will be a bold move, but you basically have nothing to lose)
In case you have some different type of tickets, then perhaps refund is allowed by tariff rules, but we can't say unless we know what type of tickets you have
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines