Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:31:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  Split - Sarajevo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Split - Sarajevo  (Read 8725 times)
warlord

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2015, 07:19:44 pm »

Ok, just booked the actual flight now.  Arriving in Split and leaving from Sarajevo for Mid May.

Day 1 - Split
- Arriving in the early evening and spending the night there
(I hear there is an airport bus to take me into town)

Hvar (3 or 4 nights)
- Taking the boat (I saw one that operates mid May (http://www.jadrolinija.hr/en/ferry-croatia)

Not sure if there are others or better ones with better times or not (this one shows only an afternoon departure). 
Trying to see if 4 nights or 3 nights would be best depending on day trip options

Split (2 nights)
- Again the only boat I saw was (http://www.jadrolinija.hr/en/ferry-croatia)
- two nights just to road around the city and maybe take a day trip.

Mostar (2 Nights)
- What's the best option here?  I know there are a few limited buses, but which seem to be the best?

Sarajevo (4 nights or so)
 - I hear there are daily buses, not sure about trains.  What is the best option for going between Mostar to Sarajevo?

So that's the trip.  Just needing to know if there are other boats other than the one I listed above in Mid May between Split and Hvar and back.  Also best option between Split and Mostar and Mostar and Sarajevo.

Just need to figure out day trip options in Hvar/Split and Mostar and or Sarajevo to see how many nights I should spend in each.

Thanks again.  At least this time I have the flight booked...

tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 07:59:05 pm »

I hear there is an airport bus to take me into town
It seems like for Split Airport-Split city center there are two options: a) shuttle service, which departs 30 min. after planes land, cost is 30 kuna; b) regular service suburban bus (line Trogir-Split), which stops at the bus stop across the road from the airport. During the day it runs every 20 min., while the ticket fare should be 17 kuna (3 zones ticket)

Not sure if there are others or better ones with better times or not (this one shows only an afternoon departure).
Definitely there are other ferry operators here (e.g. Kapten Luka). Jadrolinija is just biggest and one that operates car ferries. Btw, it seems that they actually have three ferries per day during low-season

What's the best option here?  I know there are a few limited buses, but which seem to be the best?
Never traveled with any of the companies, but doubt there are much of a difference, so suggest just to choose according to dep./arr. time. Split bus station timetable can be found here

I hear there are daily buses, not sure about trains.  What is the best option for going between Mostar to Sarajevo?
I'm bias here  ;D, so I would definitely travel by train (nowadays there are two daily departures 7:06am (arr. 9:48) & 19:12 (arr. 21:53), but train times might be very suitable for many tourist
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
warlord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 05:14:06 pm »

Thanks for the info.  I actually did find that Krilo website after I had posted this a day or so later, and that one has a lot more ferries to Hvar Town (forgot to mention not Stari Grad, though guess there are numerous buses from Stari Grad to Hvar Town as well).

I have heard the train from Mostar to Sarajevo is really wonderful scenery so I may opt to do that for something fun.

Thanks again...
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 02:24:39 pm »

... though guess there are numerous buses from Stari Grad to Hvar Town as well).
There is even suppose to be bus waiting in Stari Grad ferry terminal for the car ferry arrival, departing to Hvar shortly after everybody gets off.

I have heard the train from Mostar to Sarajevo is really wonderful scenery so I may opt to do that for something fun.
Along with the Bar-Belgrade line it's two of the most scenic routes in Balkans, imho. So in case you ok waking up for the morning train departure, then train should be the preferable option ;)
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
warlord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 04:15:25 pm »

Yes I will be up nice and early, so will have to check out the times and such, but figure that would be a nice way to travel and see the countryside on the train rather than 'another' bus...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines