Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:48:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Tickets on board in Slovenia?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tickets on board in Slovenia?  (Read 6285 times)
PeterSz

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2015, 12:07:18 am »

Hello,

I couldn't find any info on this on the SZ website so here it goes:

Can you buy the ticket on board the trains from the conductor? If yes, how much is the penalty?

SZ doesn't sell e-tickets yet, does it?

I'm planning to travel in summer by the Istra from Budapest to Koper, but it looks much cheaper to buy the ticket only to Ljubljana and buy a domestic ticket from Ljubljana to Koper. The problem is I'd like to continue on the same train, but it stops only for few minutes in Ljubljana and no time to buy tickets.

Thanks

tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 01:31:42 am »

Can you buy the ticket on board the trains from the conductor? If yes, how much is the penalty?
It is possible to purchase train ticket on board, but you will be charged extra 2,5 euro (obviously only if you "board" the train on the station with the working ticket counter)
SZ doesn't sell e-tickets yet, does it?
Well, Slovenian Railways actually launched e-ticket sale, but at the moment it seems to sell only weekly, monthly and yearly passes (so-called abonentske vozovnice) and obviously it's only in Slovenian as of now. Perhaps things will change and with time SZ will be selling all kinds of tickets online, but have no idea when it will happen.

I'm planning to travel in summer by the Istra from Budapest to Koper, but it looks much cheaper to buy the ticket only to Ljubljana and buy a domestic ticket from Ljubljana to Koper.
Well, you should keep in mind that discounted sparschiene tickets (starting from 19 euro) are offered only for 'Citadella' daytime train, so it won't be possible to travel with 'Istria' for as low as 38 euro return. While Ljubljana-Spezial for 49 euro return (which should be ok to use for 'Istria') is just 2.7 euro cheaper than 'standard' ticket, 51.7 or 72.7 euro for Budapest-Koper-Budapest according to MAV.

The problem is I'd like to continue on the same train, but it stops only for few minutes in Ljubljana and no time to buy tickets.
Within Slovenia 'Istria' has a long stop in Maribor, but probably at the time of this stop the ticket counter won't be working
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines