Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:52:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Sparschiene Österreich Zugbindung?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sparschiene Österreich Zugbindung?  (Read 7610 times)
PeterSz

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2015, 08:49:56 pm »

Hello,

I'd like to do a trip from Toblach(Dobbiaco) to Sopron(Ödenburg) in 1 day with a couple of hours stopover at Launsdorf to see Hochosterwitz. (I know it's possible, I checked the timetables)

I can find Sparschiene tickets from Lienz to Sopron for 24€(Can't find any from Sillian), but I'm not sure if Zugbinding(How do you say that in English?) applies only for the long distance trains(in this case Railjet) and I can use any train in the regional traffic starting at any time and breaking the trip in Launsdorf.

Can you help me?

Thank you!/Vielen Dank!

Peter
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 11:32:53 pm »

I can find Sparschiene tickets from Lienz to Sopron for 24€(Can't find any from Sillian)
Actually you can get discounted ticket from San Candido/Innichen to Sopron for the same 24 euro (see below), so there is absolutely no point to pay extra and purchase same thing from Lienz 

... but I'm not sure if Zugbinding(How do you say that in English?) applies only for the long distance trains(in this case Railjet) and I can use any train in the regional traffic starting at any time and breaking the trip in Launsdorf.
Well, in SparSchiene Österreich offer rules it is written that "Bei Nahverkehrszügen können Sie einen früheren oder späteren Zug nehmen" (B.1.6.3.2.) and if my understanding of German is correct, by Nahverkehrszügen here meant R, REX & S-bahn trains. However your should also keep in mind that OeBB ticket shop can easily sell you spar ticket with two hour stopover in Launsdorf-Hochosterwitz, e.g. -->

Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
PeterSz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 10:38:14 pm »

Thanks for the help, but I'm not sure what to do.

First of all I can't find Sparschiene Ticket for the date I need(31.08 or 01.09.) with a stopover in Launsdorf, only when I omit the stopover.

I feel a contradiction in the rules. On one hand it says: "Bei Nahverkehrszügen können Sie einen früheren oder späteren Zug nehmen"

But it also says: "Sie können Ihre Fahrt zwischendurch nicht unterbrechen."

I'm pretty sure if I ask ÖBB they'll play by the rules and say it's not possible to break the trip. I'm wondering how relaxed are the Austrian conductors regarding this issue.

Ideal would be of course to find a ticket with the 2-3 hours stopover printed on the ticket, like the one you found. Unfortunately nothing for my dates. What to do, what to do???

Thaks anyway!

Oh, I managed to find it finally! If the route is printed on the ticket with the 2 hour stopover there should be no problem. But I'm still wondering if it'll be accepted to take earlier trains and spend a bit more time at the castle.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:53:48 pm by PeterSz » Logged
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 01:53:48 pm »

I feel a contradiction in the rules. On one hand it says: "Bei Nahverkehrszügen können Sie einen früheren oder späteren Zug nehmen". But it also says: "Sie können Ihre Fahrt zwischendurch nicht unterbrechen."
It seems like here it's a matter of interpretation, in you case it's not really a "unterbrechen", but just a stopover. And with ticket like the one from the previous post OeBB basically confirms possibility of such stopover because otherwise it wouldn't be possible to make that 2 hour stopover in Launsdorf (why it doesn't give more time it's already a different question) at all, system wouldn't allow it.
I'm pretty sure if I ask ÖBB they'll play by the rules and say it's not possible to break the trip. I'm wondering how relaxed are the Austrian conductors regarding this issue.
It's difficult to account for human factor, but simple search shows that we aren't the only ones who asked similar question (e.g. drehscheibe-online.de/foren/read.php?106,7229450 where person asked about zugbindung and received an answer that it's only for RJ)

But I'm still wondering if it'll be accepted to take earlier trains and spend a bit more time at the castle.
Well, just found an elegant way to trick OeBB ticket shop and get you more time in Launsdorf. When inserting journey details choose connection time of at least 20 min., this way you can basically move your departure time from San Candido to earlier train while still counting on RJ №630 (as definite zugbindung). It should look like this -->

This way you will ensure that on the ticket it will be written that departure time is 7:15, then in Lienz you "miraculously" would be able to catch earlier train to Spittal (not 9:24, but 8:24), no way OeBB conductor would mind this. Same action for train change in Spittal. Overall this trick will ensure your arrival to Launsdorf at 11:32, while from there you will continue as in the travel plan, meaning at 15:33

p.s. in case 7:15 departure is too early for you, then you can always play the same trick with later departure time (meaning depart 9:15 and then count on RJ №632, while still having 4 hours for Launsdorf)
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines