Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:29:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  SCIC-NRT tariff (with RailPlus) on Italian domestic trains - possible?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SCIC-NRT tariff (with RailPlus) on Italian domestic trains - possible?  (Read 16320 times)
OCCASVS

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2016, 12:03:14 pm »

Hello all,

I have a CD InKarta (with RailPlus), and I was thinking if it was possible to get some tickets issued with SCIC-NRT tariff -25% RailPlus discount in Czech Republic, in order to get cheaper and better ticket than the ordinary Trenitalia ticket for Regionale trains in Italy.

Let's say, currently Bologna-Venezia Mestre by Regionale costs EUR 11,55, and it comes with annoying limitations (6 hours validity after validation).
On IDOS, the same route with SCIC-NRT + RailPlus is EUR 8,40, and the ticket validity is 15 days, and it would allow breaks.

This is all nice in theory, but how is it in reality? Can I get such ticket issued in Czech Republic? Has anyone showed such a ticket to an Italian conductor?

tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 01:11:19 pm »

This is all nice in theory, but how is it in reality? Can I get such ticket issued in Czech Republic? 
Yes, it's absolutely not a problem. If you are afraid that Czech ticket cashier won't understand what you want, then you can simply print out idos ticket and show them what exactly you need.
Has anyone showed such a ticket to an Italian conductor?
Tried it myself few years ago, as far as you stay on regional trains there won't be any questions. Even in the SCIC-NRT rules (9.1.5.) it's directly written that only tickets issued by SNCF & TrenItalia need to be stamped & will be valid for 24 hours afterwards. If ticket is not issued by those two, then there is no rule about stamping/24 hours

... and it comes with annoying limitations (6 hours validity after validation).
In case of Venezia-Bologna it is indeed 6 hours (unless it's an e-ticket), but with journeys >200km it's 24 hours in most of the regions
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
OCCASVS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 02:55:17 pm »

Thank you tUt!

As far as I understand, I can get such tickets issued in another country as well, let's say Poland? They should accept my InKarta+Railplus, and have the same prices under SCIC-NRT tariff? I understand that the tariff varies according to the country where one travels.
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 03:53:20 pm »

As far as I understand, I can get such tickets issued in another country as well, let's say Poland? They should accept my InKarta+Railplus, and have the same prices under SCIC-NRT tariff?
Well, if there is clearly stated that "RailPlus" is included (I think CD inKartas have the sign on the front side), then theoretically it shouldn't be a problem to purchase very same ticket in Poland. However from personal experience ticket cashiers in Poland (even at the central stations like Krakow or Warsaw) can know very little about tricky tickets (e.g. SCIC-NRT for Italy), so Polish cashiers reaction like "We don't sell such tickets" or "I don't know how to sell such ticket" unfortunately won't be a surprise.

I understand that the tariff varies according to the country where one travels.
Yes, each country creates km table with SCIC-NRT prices, sometimes they even give a list of most common routes (e.g. between various gr. stations or big city-capital). However in some exceptional cases there might be certain interstate agreements between the country where you want to travel and country where you purchase the ticket, in such cases tickets get sold cheaper than listed SCIC-NRT. But I don't think it's like this here, CZ-IT and PL-IT should be the same.

p.s. if you do try to purchase such ticket and later will have a moment, please post here how did it all went. thanks
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
OCCASVS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 04:18:29 pm »

Well, if there is clearly stated that "RailPlus" is included (I think CD inKartas have the sign on the front side)
The validity is reported on the front side, while the RailPlus logo on the back.

However from personal experience ticket cashiers in Poland (even at the central stations like Krakow or Warsaw) can know very little about tricky tickets (e.g. SCIC-NRT for Italy), so Polish cashiers reaction like "We don't sell such tickets" or "I don't know how to sell such ticket" unfortunately won't be a surprise.
This is why I want to make sure I am prepared before attempting to buy such a tricky ticket  ;D

But I don't think it's like this here, CZ-IT and PL-IT should be the same.
Actually I would use such tricky tickets only for domestic travels within Italy (not CZ-IT or PL-IT). I don't see any rule forbidding that. Am I missing anything?

p.s. if you do try to purchase such ticket and later will have a moment, please post here how did it all went. thanks
Of course I can write a mini-report :) Right now I am still planning out everything, but then I will try buying the ticket in Kraków first, and in case it's impossible, I will likely try in Czech Rep.

EDIT: one more question. Can cashiers "easily" issue a SCIC-NRT ticket with a custom routing?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:35:20 pm by OCCASVS » Logged
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 04:58:26 pm »

Actually I would use such tricky tickets only for domestic travels within Italy (not CZ-IT or PL-IT). I don't see any rule forbidding that. Am I missing anything?
No, no, by CZ-IT or PL-IT was meant not tickets from Czech Republic to Italy or Poland to Italy, but buying SCIC-NRT tickets for Italy in CZ or in PL.

one more question. Can cashiers "easily" issue a SCIC-NRT ticket with a custom routing?
Depends on what you meant by custom. For instance, everything you can "assemble" in idos can be bought at CD counter. But in case system can't find necessary combination of legs, then it won't be able to calculate the fare (= not possible to buy). Anyhow, in case you plan the journey via more or less major lines, then it shouldn't be a problem
arrivans

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 02:07:47 pm »

Can ONLY be issued together with a-expensive- INTernational ticket into Italy. ONLY valid on treni regionale, not on the better and faster IC or Superfasttrains FRECCIA. It really depends on the route if it is worthwhile or not. In fact fares for treni regionale in IT are still fairly cheap-per km maybe even below what PKP charges now for their IC-trains.
OCCASVS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 04:27:01 pm »

Can ONLY be issued together with a-expensive- INTernational ticket into Italy.
Personal experience? According to which rule?
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 12:33:16 pm »

Can ONLY be issued together with a-expensive- INTernational ticket into Italy.
Hmm... maybe something changed over the recent years, but few years ago nobody asked for ticket across the border. But even so, it is always possible to buy something like cheap Sezana-Villa Opicina
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines