Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:25:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  Poprad - Budapest, by train or by bus?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poprad - Budapest, by train or by bus?  (Read 57556 times)
anitayusof00

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 05:05:25 am »

I see....no wonder when I checked myself, I couldnt get it. I thought I hv mistakenly key in the stations name wutsoever :)
I am now planning on how much money to withdraw at ATMs in every country so that I dont hv too much access currency when I change it back to Euro at local money changers (which normally gv poor rates) when I'm leaving the country. In HUF, normally how much is the fare for Pecs - Sarajevo? Thanks.
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 11:59:49 am »

I am now planning on how much money to withdraw at ATMs in every country so that I dont hv too much access currency when I change it back to Euro at local money changers (which normally gv poor rates) when I'm leaving the country.
You can always change the rest in the neighboring country. And try not to use exchange offices at the stations, those usually have not very good rates.
In HUF, normally how much is the fare for Pecs - Sarajevo?
Standard international ticket cost 36 euro, counting nowadays MAV exchange rate of 280 HUF=1 EUR we end up with 280*36=10 080 HUF.
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
anitayusof00

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2010, 05:41:57 pm »

Thx tUt...
[/quote] You can always change the rest in the neighboring country.
But not for Romania currency right?
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 05:47:07 pm »

But not for Romania currency right?
Why not? In Hungary it is not a problem to exchange HUF to RON or vice versa, same thing in Romania. Both countries have rather strong connections, so currency flow is pretty big, especially with Transylvanian part.
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
anitayusof00

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2010, 05:57:35 pm »

ohhh....I read in thorntree....the forumers were discussing about RON not accepted out of Romania....however if it is in Hungary, then good for me cos I'll be coming fr Hungary then to Romania, then reenter Hungary again before proceeding to Bosnia :)
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2010, 06:09:53 pm »

the forumers were discussing about RON not accepted out of Romania...
Well, RON is not accepted as payment in stores, transport etc., but there are plenty of exchange offices where you can always change RON to HUF
anitayusof00

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2010, 05:38:31 am »

I see.....okey...thanks...
anitayusof00

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2010, 02:17:52 am »

tUt...frankly speaking, previously I never use ATMs outside of my country. I normally bring enough cash. But since this time my trip is going to be more than a month and bigger expenses, I decided to withdraw money at ATMs at the respective countries. My ATM card can be used at ATMs which display Visa PLUS logo. If you happen to know, is it easy for me to find ATMs with this logo in Prague, Krakow, Budapest, Sighisoara, Sarajevo & Dubrovnik?
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2010, 10:07:36 am »

Imho, best thing for you is to check via ATM locator -http://visa.via.infonow.net/locator/global/
As you can see, ATMs which display Visa PLUS logo is not a problem to find at any of your planned locations, so nothing to worry about.

+ you can always pay with the card directly, in Central and Eastern Europa the number of places where you can pay in such way grew dramatically over last years.
anitayusof00

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2010, 04:27:01 pm »

again....many thanks tUt....the link is very useful  ;)
Yr last statement...frankly....I nvr knew this before...
May I know where is yr location? You hv been helping me with never ending answers & patience...I must buy you a drink if I got the chance to meet you  :)
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2010, 09:02:27 pm »

May I know where is yr location? You hv been helping me with never ending answers & patience...I must buy you a drink if I got the chance to meet you  :)
Unfortunately, at the moment not in the cities which you plan to visit, so best reward from your side will be sharing your travel experience on the pages of this forum. Your info might help other fellow travelers  ;)
anitayusof00

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2010, 03:46:31 am »

OHHH....yea, sure...
Well....there will be other times then, if u dont keep yr location a secret  ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:50:27 am by anitayusof00 » Logged
anitayusof00

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2010, 08:42:46 pm »

Hi tUt,
I did the route Prague - Cesky Tesin - Cieszyn - Krakow last night and today. As u suggested, I purchased online ticket fr Prague to Zilina. That was no prblm. However, things didnt actually go as planned. I get off at Cesky Tesin and by right I should continue fr Cieszyn to Oswiecim via Zebrydowice. But the troubles of finding Cieszyn train station at such an early hour and the frustration bcos no one can speak english, so they gv me wrong directions ended up in I missed the train. I finally found the station which was deserted and looks scary. No one is around and even the ticket counter was closed, I assumed bcos the nx train is at 8 sumthing...so I hv to to use Plan B, and I took the bus fr Cieszyn to Biasko Biela. However another frustration happen when I was confused which bus stop to wait for the bus to Oswiecim, since the bus drivers who passed at the stop told me that I was waiting at the wrong stop. When I get to the so called correct stop, another driver told me that it was a wrong stop. It was snowing heavily and my bag was heavy and I\m tired.... In the end I made up my mind to tk a bus fr BB to Krakow instead. Tmrw I will go to Auschwitz. At least its easier cos there is a direct bus fr Krakow to Auschwitz. Well, we planned...but god decide....
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines