Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:45:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  How to buy ticket for Budapest-Beograd RZD sleeper?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to buy ticket for Budapest-Beograd RZD sleeper?  (Read 9973 times)
PeterSz

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2016, 12:58:05 am »

Hi,

I'll travel from Budapest to Beograd in a few weeks and I'd like to travel in the Russian sleeper(Moscow-Sofia) if possible.

It seems I can't book it online, since the ЭР icon is missing, which means e-ticket is not sold.

Yesterday I asked in the international booking office in Budapest and I was told they can't sell a ticket for this sleeper.

Do you have any idea where/how to book a ticket?

(I haven't asked Wasteels in Keleti yet, because it was already closed when I was there.)

Is it possible to buy a ticket  from the provodnik on board? Many years ago I travelled from Budapest to Venice in the RZD sleeper paying the provodnik on board. I did have a ticket though because that time it was not a global fare yet

Thanks
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 10:12:49 pm »

Do you have any idea where/how to book a ticket?
About ticket purchase for the Russian carriages MAV on their website says: "Hálókocsi-foglalások mind odaútra, mind visszaútra kiadhatók az EPA-rendszerből!", however recently it was reported that there had been some troubles
Maybe also special codes for issuing such tickets will help (took it from MAV itself)

Is it possible to buy a ticket  from the provodnik on board? Many years ago I travelled from Budapest to Venice in the RZD sleeper paying the provodnik on board. I did have a ticket though because that time it was not a global fare yet
Hmm...good question. Trouble with Russians is that even if it might not be possible de-jure, it can still be possible de-facto (=paying provodnik "unofficially"). Just searched for the docs regulating it, but no success. Anyhow, if we would try to guess, chances of buying it officially are slim
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines