Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:11:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  Podgorica to Subotica
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Podgorica to Subotica  (Read 7644 times)
AlexWB

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2016, 08:06:01 pm »

Hello  :)

I have to make this journey at the end of July. I was wondering about the availability of tickets for train 1136.

I will be in Budapest about 2 weeks before I take the train - can I buy a single ticket there do you think? Any idea of price for sleeper of couchette?

Plan B, if the Hungarian through carriages are sold out, is to take the same train but just travel in the Serbian couchette to Novi Sad (then take train to Subotica). Can I buy single ticket Podgorica - Novi Sad from the station in Belgrade? Or do I need to wait and buy it in Montenegro (risky, I think)

In not then plan C is... well that's something to think about :D

Thanks in advance!
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 09:48:50 pm »

Sorry for late reply, kind of on the road right now

I will be in Budapest about 2 weeks before I take the train - can I buy a single ticket there do you think? Any idea of price for sleeper of couchette?
Yes, however ticket fare when bought in Hungary will be couple times higher compared to the same Podgorica-Subotica ticket bought in Serbia or Montenegro (should be about 25 euro there). Perhaps makes sense to ask for couchette/sleeper reservation only (9,40 euro for 6 bed couchette, 15,40 euro for 3 bed sleeper or 23,10 euro for double sleeper) and then just purchase ticket part when you already in Montenegro

Can I buy single ticket Podgorica - Novi Sad from the station in Belgrade? Or do I need to wait and buy it in Montenegro (risky, I think)
Sure, in Belgrade (or any other Serbian station) you would easily buy such ticket. Sleeper reservations in Serbian carriages cost 6 euro (6 bed couchette), 15 euro (3 bed sleeper) or 20 euro (double sleeper)

In not then plan C is... well that's something to think about
Well, as was said above, might make sense to ensure purchase of reservation and don't worry about ticket part until you get to SRB/MNT. Or, if those Hungarian carriages are in EPA system, then you don't even need to hunt for it in Hungary, but try buying it elsewhere with access (e.g. Slovakia), no guarantees here, but worth a try
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
AlexWB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 07:32:50 pm »

Thanks for info. I will try in Bratislava for a reservation but I don't think it will be possible. I have a feeling they don't even sell only tickets in Serbia anyway for the Belgrade - Bar line and it must be ticket and compulsory reservation together. But I'll see...

Happy and safe travels!
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 09:37:48 pm »

I will try in Bratislava for a reservation but I don't think it will be possible.
If there is no extra hassle or much lost time, then why not to ask ;)

I have a feeling they don't even sell only tickets in Serbia anyway for the Belgrade - Bar line and it must be ticket and compulsory reservation together.
It's 100% that you can purchase only ticket, since it's not global price tariff. Even if cashier asks you can always show already bought reservation. Problems usually happen other way around, because in some countries it's tricky/impossible to purchase sleeper reservation without buying (or showing already bought) ticket
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines