Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:22:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  All other train travel questions  |  Questions on TCV tariff
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Questions on TCV tariff  (Read 6537 times)
globenomads

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2010, 11:24:20 pm »

Hi,

I have the following questions on TCV and I was wondering if you could help to clarify on some points:

1) When does the TCV validity starts? From the date you buy them or the first date you use them?
2) How do you buy them?

I have a few months from Jan 2011 to travel Europe and am thinking of starting in Budapest -> Prague -> Germany (rest of Western Europe in an anti-clockwise direction, except UK) -> Greece -> finally ending up in Istanbul in a ferry from Greece.

Will TCV tariff help me save a lot?

Thanks
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 11:51:55 pm »

You on your own decide from which date your ticket should be valid from. Just when you buy any ticket for specific route (in your case issued with a help of TCV tariff) you simply notify ticket cashiers about planed starting date and they will do the rest. Most of the tickets issued with TCV tariff are valid for one or two month from the starting date.

In case of your itinerary TCV ticket probably will serve you a good service, but on some parts there might be better options. For instance, for Budapest-Prague it is better to buy discounted 19 euro ticket instead of full fare TCV ticket, same story for Prague-Dresden/Berlin etc. But for travels within Germany TCV ticket probably will be better, especially if you plan multiple stops on your way, same story for France, Switzerland, Italy (to a certain extent) etc. 
But we can give you more detailed advice only after you'll finalize your precise itinerary, then it will be possible to say whether it is useful to use TCV tariff ticket for this or that route or it is better to rely on other tariff options.

p.s. Czech Republic is almost perfect place to purchase all your TCV tickets for the rest of your European journey, so in this sense you planned correctly to start the journey from Eastern Europe.
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines