Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:01:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  Compartment questions aboard Metropol 477 from Prague to Budapest
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Compartment questions aboard Metropol 477 from Prague to Budapest  (Read 12855 times)
traingeek

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2017, 03:52:01 pm »

Hello experts.
Trying to book sleeper compartments aboard the Metropol night train from Prague to Budapest.
On the https://old.cd.cz/eshop/ site, I am able to do a "seat reservation" of the sleeper. Will I need an additional train ticket as well or is it included in the price?

I noticed that there are two different carriage arrangements. One with sink, and one with shared shower and WC.
Does anyone have experience to compare these? Are there any pictures of the two types of compartments?
I tried to attach a schematic of the 362 and 363 carriages, but it does not work ...

--> (here we go)

« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 12:03:18 pm by tUt » Logged
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 09:24:04 pm »

I am able to do a "seat reservation" of the sleeper. Will I need an additional train ticket as well or is it included in the price?
There are two types of "tickets" sold for this train: a) a discounted ones, so-called SparNight, which is basically a ticket+reservation in one (seats from 29 euro, couchette from 39 & sleepers from 59) and b) standard ticket (issued for the route), as addition to this one you can also purchase a reservation (either for a seat or berth, e.g. 3 bed sleeper reservation cost 386 CZK or app.14 euro)
I noticed that there are two different carriage arrangements. One with sink, and one with shared shower and WC.
Does anyone have experience to compare these? Are there any pictures of the two types of compartments?
Well, for instance this is the pics from a type of sleeper you can expect on Prague-Budapest route, but to be honest on such short connections presence of those extra features aren't so important, imho

I tried to attach a schematic of the 362 and 363 carriages, but it does not work ...
What do you mean by "doesn't work"?
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
traingeek

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 03:13:40 am »

I am able to do a "seat reservation" of the sleeper. Will I need an additional train ticket as well or is it included in the price?
There are two types of "tickets" sold for this train: a) a discounted ones, so-called SparNight, which is basically a ticket+reservation in one (seats from 29 euro, couchette from 39 & sleepers from 59) and b) standard ticket (issued for the route), as addition to this one you can also purchase a reservation (either for a seat or berth, e.g. 3 bed sleeper reservation cost 386 CZK or app.14 euro)
If SparNight is the best price, then that is my solution as long as it can be booked online from USA. If so, I would appreciate a link. If I can't do Sparnight, I guess I will need a combination of a reservation and a ticket....

Well, for instance this is the pics from a type of sleeper you can expect on Prague-Budapest route, but to be honest on such short connections presence of those extra features aren't so important, imho
I guess it depends on what you are used to. For me a full night, 8.5 hours or ride, I would like the best comfort so the next day I am fully energized to tour. I looked at the pictures you sent. They are really nice, but I can't tell for which type of carriage they ere taken, so it is difficult to compare.

What do you mean by "doesn't work"?
When I picked an attachment, size was less than max at 62KB, it loaded it but when I tried to post it gave the error:

An Error Has Occurred!
Cannot access attachments upload path!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 03:17:11 am by traingeek » Logged
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 10:36:08 pm »

If SparNight is the best price, then that is my solution as long as it can be booked online from USA. If so, I would appreciate a link.
Yep, Sparnight (also on Czech Railways (CD) website it might appear as "First Minute Europe" [Včasná jízdenka Evropa]) is the cheapest option and you can purchase it using the same website - http://old.cd.cz/en/default.htm (or they have newer version of the website, but it seem to be in Czech only for now - https://www.cd.cz/default.htm ). However keep in mind that discounted tickets on this connection gets sold out very fast and for many dates already not available (Czech part of the "Metropol" train is just a few carriages, while the German one, which comes from Berlin is already more expensive)

For me a full night, 8.5 hours or ride, I would like the best comfort so the next day I am fully energized to tour.
True, but best comfort in this situation might be simply to catch an evening train and spend a night at a hotel ;)

I looked at the pictures you sent. They are really nice, but I can't tell for which type of carriage they ere taken, so it is difficult to compare.
It's Czech WLABmz (according to the scheme of the train, carriage 362 suppose to be WLABmz, 363 shows as WLABmee)

When I picked an attachment, size was less than max at 62KB, it loaded it but when I tried to post it gave the error:
An Error Has Occurred!
Ok, now it is clear. In this case it's better just to upload a pic to some online hosting and then post it as a link. Or you can always email it to us - europetrainsguide@gmail.com - and we'll post it
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
traingeek

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 04:09:03 am »

If SparNight is the best price, then that is my solution as long as it can be booked online from USA. If so, I would appreciate a link.
Yep, Sparnight (also on Czech Railways (CD) website it might appear as "First Minute Europe" [Včasná jízdenka Evropa]) is the cheapest option and you can purchase it using the same website - http://old.cd.cz/en/default.htm (or they have newer version of the website, but it seem to be in Czech only for now - https://www.cd.cz/default.htm ). However keep in mind that discounted tickets on this connection gets sold out very fast and for many dates already not available (Czech part of the "Metropol" train is just a few carriages, while the German one, which comes from Berlin is already more expensive)

For me a full night, 8.5 hours or ride, I would like the best comfort so the next day I am fully energized to tour.
True, but best comfort in this situation might be simply to catch an evening train and spend a night at a hotel ;)

I looked at the pictures you sent. They are really nice, but I can't tell for which type of carriage they ere taken, so it is difficult to compare.
It's Czech WLABmz (according to the scheme of the train, carriage 362 suppose to be WLABmz, 363 shows as WLABmee)

An Error Has Occurred!
Ok, now it is clear. In this case it's better just to upload a pic to some online hosting and then post it as a link. Or you can always email it to us - europetrainsguide@gmail.com - and we'll post it

tUt, you are the best!
Such accurate and prompt info, admirable and valuable!
Since tickets can only be ordered 60 days in advance, I have bookmarked my calendar, and will order on the first day they go on sale.
Thanks so much also for pointing to the carriages pictures. I will email you the pic I have so you can add it for the benefit of others.
I am still debating which of the two configurations will be more comfortable...
Username:

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 07:20:31 pm »

Hi
I am often Travel in Austria, CZ, SK, HU,...
If you have more question about the Country i will try help you.
Please note a Discount Ticket cant be change or cancel!!!
If you not book a Compartment with Shower in fact you cant shower onboard the Train. In my case I know my Hotel Brand the lett me checkin in the morning for a shower.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines