Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:18:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  Moldova/Ukraine - Connections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Moldova/Ukraine - Connections  (Read 30133 times)
warlord

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 08:31:00 pm »

Ok thanks the the Moldova buses then.  I shouldn't have to worry much about the route anyways because I think there is a bigger issue with people coming from Odesa to Chișinău than from Chișinău to Odesa via Transnistria anyways.  But yes, I'll double check on the buses I like and then see if there are the same departure for the buses to Palanca to make sure they go that route.

Yes I understood the shorter bus times, I was just finding it a bit more difficult to find those online through the Autolux or Gunsel Websites.  With a limited amount of Russian I know, I couldn't quite figure out how to get a ticket in advance (if I couldn't easily get a few days before when I'm in Odesa).  The train website was a lot easier and I was able to figure out how to book it online in advance. 

So that was why I was focusing on the train as I can't understand on the website how to book the good buses you were referring to...
Maxy

View Profile Ukrainian railway riders club
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 12:42:53 am »

Oh, I see.
After last change of design of website - English language not available anymore for Autolux website, while in the past it worked.
So sad.
warlord

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 02:04:41 pm »

yes so that's why I knew I could get the train in advance for sure.  But you did say there was a 6am morning bus by Autolux that has the luxury bus you were talking about correct?  Is there a bus number or something you know of that I could check up on?  Would you think getting it a few days in advance would work since I'll be in Odesa for 4 days and if I get it when I arrive on the first day would that normally be already filled up?
Maxy

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 04:43:56 pm »

ha-ha, I've managed to cheat a little bit and force the autolux website to show departure selection in english, look

https://autolux.ua/ua/ru/domestic-booking-search?locale=en_EN_AUTOLUX&currency=31&returnOrigin=1093&returnDestination=1094&returning=0&type=1&outwardOrigin=1094&outwardDestination=1093&outwardDate=2017-03-17&adults=1&children=0&teens=0&seniors=0

As you can see - I've choosen today the departure in 2 days and as you can see - only 11 seats (of 28) left.
warlord

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 06:41:46 pm »

Great, I was able to use Google Translate and that worked some, but you seemed to have better luck.

Is the 6am bus for 475 UAH the one you were talking about with the nicest bus since it's a bit more expensive?  Or are they all the same bus, but the 6am one is just more because of the time?
Maxy

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 07:24:00 pm »

Is the 6am bus for 475 UAH the one you were talking about with the nicest bus since it's a bit more expensive?
yes, it's one of them.

you can click on the the price and see seat chart. Even if you have doubts - you can ensure which bus model is used by deducing it from chart.

As you can see 6:00, 16:30 and 18:35 - have 28 seat bus (it's not tiny bus, it's the standard size 12 m bus) which is very easy to recognize by 1+2 seat locations instead of 2+2 While on other departures, where price is 315 UAH - there is usual 46-seat bus.

Also you may note, that in there are single seats on left bus side, they are tend to sold-out quicker than seats which form pairs, on right side

Also you can click on (i) Details and see list of sheduled intemediate stops. Convenient bus - have intermediate stops, so they cannot overcome whole distance faster than by timetable, because they anyway are not allowed to depart earlier than scheduled from the intermediate stops, so they can "win" no more than ~20 min, between Uman and Kyiv. While the 6:00, 16:30 and 18:35  - don't have scheduled intermediate stops at all, that allows them arrive to Kyiv in a hour (or even more) before sheduled time of arrival.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 09:06:44 am by Maxy » Logged
warlord

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2017, 06:27:35 pm »

Thanks again and I'll look up the bus in April then when they have the tickets for my date listed (too soon for the date right now).  I figure I'll just print it out (like I have in the past with buses like LuxExpress in the Baltics) and just hand that to the driver.

Yes the bigger buses is what I would want.  Been hearing that for the 5 hour trip from Chișinău to Odesa that most are the mini buses.  Not looking forward to that...
Maxy

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2017, 07:25:43 pm »

I figure I'll just print it out (like I have in the past with buses like LuxExpress in the Baltics) and just hand that to the driver.
Yes. But unfortunately you cannot book online from the link, I've gave to you (hidden English version, which I've managed to find). Only from Ukrainian/Russian version online purchase work. If you start online purchase from this "hidden" English version - you'll got error on last step, I've already checked.
  Yes the bigger buses is what I would want.  Been hearing that for the 5 hour trip from Chișinău to Odesa that most are the mini buses.  Not looking forward to that...
in this case you anyway have choice between uncomfortable mean of transportation.
Train Chisinau - Odessa is not good too. Additionally to other drawbacks like operation only few times per week and going via Transnistria. All cars except one have wooden benches:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8315/8002387024_210af8028c_b.jpg
only one of cars in this train have semi-soft seats
http://c7.alamy.com/comp/DKTX49/interior-of-a-carriage-on-the-train-running-between-odessa-ukraine-DKTX49.jpg
but anyway it's the same bad composition, which in domestic trains within Ukraine is considered to be the 3rd class, i.e very few space between rows and very few space in width.
warlord

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 06:33:29 pm »

Yes, this is why I'm taking the bus from Chișinău to Odesa and not the train because of the lack of decent train times, crossing through Transisteria (though probably not bad going from Chișinău to Odesa, think it's worse going from Odeas to Chișinău).

Bus will be the best option for me (though they are the smaller mini buses I hear)

Oh good point about the website.  I will make sure I just use the English site as reference and use it for the bus numbers and then book it on the normal website...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines