Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:21:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  CH Interrail?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CH Interrail?  (Read 13943 times)
Username:

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2017, 01:14:19 am »

I have a route why look like possible:
Vienna - Graz - Zürich (Panorama)
Zürich - Bellinzona IR 2891 - Domodossola - Brig - Thun - Brig (old Route) - Lausanne - Zürich HB

Its better when I sleep in Zürich again.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 01:42:05 am by Username: » Logged
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 03:44:02 pm »

Well, with Switzerland it's always better to recheck directly with each railway company (e.g. http://www.interrail.eu/trains/railway-companies/swiss-railway-companies-discounted ), because with all those private companies rules keep changing depending pass type, period, etc. So when it's not SBB, then better to check directly in order to avoid misunderstanding
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Username:

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 07:56:28 pm »

are there any interesting Trains who drive truth CH?
http://www.vagonweb.cz/razeni/razeni.php?rok=2017&vuz=TI+ETR610+1*&najit=Hledat
http://www.vagonweb.cz/razeni/razeni.php?rok=2017&vuz=SBB+ETR610+7*&najit=Hledat
http://www.vagonweb.cz/razeni/razeni.php?rok=2017&vuz=SBB+Apm+1990.1*&najit=Hledat
http://www.vagonweb.cz/razeni/razeni.php?zeme=SBB&kategorie=TGV&rok=2017
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 05:11:15 pm »

What do you mean by interesting? Rolling-stock?
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Username:

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 05:13:46 pm »

Rolling-stock?
Yes
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 07:52:22 pm »

Well, 610th indeed a kind of interesting, but TGV... nothing extraordinary, imho. At least for me way more fun was to try all the various stock from private railways (Rhaetian, Matterhorn Gotthard, SZU, FART and so on)
Username:

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 08:06:36 pm »

haha like the Thurbo who have no WC?

I dont know where are you from but I never drive on a TGV or ETR610. This will the first real Train ride in CH. (Just Wien - Zürich and arround the Bodensee.)
Maxy

View Profile Ukrainian railway riders club
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 08:41:30 pm »

Before my first visit to Switzerland RABDe 500 seemed to me very interesting But when I came to Switzerland - I've managed to catch RABDe 500 between Bellingzona and Lugano and discovered it's very similar by look and feel to Pendolino, at last while you are inside.
I dont know where are you from but I never drive on a TGV or ETR610
ETR610 have same feel inside comparing to any other Pendolino-like train. While you inside - you don't see this long train nose.
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 10:22:12 pm »

haha like the Thurbo who have no WC?
Why not? )))
I dont know where are you from but I never drive on a TGV or ETR610. This will the first real Train ride in CH. (Just Wien - Zürich and arround the Bodensee.)
Ok, then obviously you should try TGV. What I meant when said "nothing extraordinary" is that there are huge number of TGV trains around and it's pretty usual and ordinary rolling-stock for the region (esp. if compared to rc used by some private railways in Switzerland). On the other hand 610 is relatively new, so some would like to try it just in order to compare with the older ones.
To me "interesting rolling-stock" is either something unique to this country or something not widely used (i.e. existing in very limited number). So with this logic I myself would prefer a ride in 50 year old trainset and not some new Alstom/Stadler emu produced in hundreds and running in dozen countries in Europe
Username:

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 10:37:57 pm »

Why not? )))
I dont know. I was not my idea buy a Train without a WC.
there are huge number of TGV trains around and it's pretty usual and ordinary rolling-stock for the region
But not for mine. Here no TGV operate...
To me "interesting rolling-stock" is either something unique to this country or something not widely used
I my case i will try some trains i never tooked before.
So with this logic I myself would prefer a ride in 50 year old trainset and not some new Alstom/Stadler emu produced in hundreds and running in dozen countries in Europe
lol here in Vienna old Trains operate day by day. The were build 1978–1987. Even in CZ, SK, HU operate old Cars. Sorry the are just boring for me. And here in Austria no Alstom Trains and just the Westbahn use normal Gauge Stadler Trains.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines