Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:10:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Bratislava to Stuttgart
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bratislava to Stuttgart  (Read 11833 times)
AlexWB

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2010, 03:49:30 pm »

Hi

A friend has asked me to look into the cheapest way between these two cities. I'm going to advise her to book a Spar Scheine ticket through the OBB website (Vienna to Stuttgart) - there are a few left for her travel date in mid-October for 39 Euro, and a few more for 49 Euro, which is far cheaper than the standard on-the-day ticket.

I was wondering if there are any other options/tricks I could explore? Can anybody offer some advice?

Also, am I right that the return tickets from Bratislava to Vienna are only valid for one day after they have been stamped (I know that its one month unused)

Thanks for your help  :)
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 05:21:31 pm »

I was wondering if there are any other options/tricks I could explore? Can anybody offer some advice?
Actually you can buy same 39 euro ticket already from Kittsee/Marchegg, thus saving on route to Vienna.
On DB website there is as well 29 euro tickets available for Breclav-Stuttgart connection (11:02-21:28), but those involve bus ride from Prague to Nurnberg. Bratislava-Breclav is cheap and easy.
Also, am I right that the return tickets from Bratislava to Vienna are only valid for one day after they have been stamped (I know that its one month unused)
Hmm... we never heard about such thing, it sounds a little bit suspicious. Maybe you mixed it up with one day validity for Vienna city transport? Because minimal validity period of similar international ticket is usually at least 4 days, which not depend on stamp when you go there.
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
jfk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 12:38:30 am »

According to www.slovakrail.sk, the only limitation of Wien tickets is as follows:

"S účinnosťou od 26. októbra 2009 je pri cestovných lístkoch Wien Ticket a Wien Ticket + Z 100 obmedzená možnosť cestovania do Viedne na prvé tri dni platnosti cestovného lístka. Cestovný lístok na cestu „späť“ je možné využiť počas celého času platnosti uvedeného na cestovnom lístku, to znamená jeden mesiac."

It says that as of 26 October 2009, the outward part of the Wien Ticket or Wien Ticket +  Z 100 is valid only for first three days of the ticket validity. Return journey can be completed at any time within ticket validity (which is one month).
AlexWB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 12:58:45 pm »

Many thanks to both of you. I have passed on your information tUt, and its nice that you provided a translation, JFK.

Going slightly off-topic - does anybody know if return tickets are cheaper than single tickets in Slovakia? Or is it all just done on the tariff (so its the same price regardless)? Just wondering, as I never know what to ask for, and the English version of the Slovak Rail website lacks detail.
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 05:32:05 pm »

does anybody know if return tickets are cheaper than single tickets in Slovakia?
No, discount for return journeys is not offered in Slovakia for domestic journeys. So you will need to rely on standard tariff table - http://www.slovakrail.sk/fileadmin/Dokumenty/PP_2009/cennik_2009_01_obycajne.pdf
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines