Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:30:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Brno to Budapest
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brno to Budapest  (Read 9915 times)
ineschc

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2017, 07:57:55 pm »

Hi,

I want to travel from Brno to Budapest with my boyfriend. What is the cheapest way to go? I've heard there are group tickets and also something called City Star tickets but I haven't been able to find much information about those, especially concerning prices.

Can someone help me?

PS: So far the cheapest return ticket I found is 30€/person, is that a decent price for this trip?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:03:02 pm by ineschc » Logged
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 11:23:14 pm »

Probably cheapest (and easiest) option is to purchase so called "Včasná jízdenka Evropa" (= First Minute Europe) offer tickets. Brno-Budapest one-way ticket under this offer is 12 euro (app. 320 CZK) or twice that return. It can be purchased online via Czech Railways (CD) e-shop - https://www.cd.cz/eshop. The only important nuance here is that number of such discounted tickets is limited per each departure, thus in order to get this price you should buy your tickets in advance. In case you can't do it, then it's possible to look into other options (incl. use of City Star ticket, but perhaps CZ-SK and not CZ-HU)

I've heard there are group tickets and also something called City Star tickets but I haven't been able to find much information about those, especially concerning prices.
Group ticket and City Star ticket are basically the same thing in this case, however in case of CZ-HU connection it's not the best option, since will cost you twice more than the combination of "First Minute Europe" tickets.

PS: So far the cheapest return ticket I found is 30€/person, is that a decent price for this trip?
Well, it's not bad, especially taking into consideration that when buying before departure straight forward Brno-Bud.-Brno ticket would cost you 56,6 EUR per person
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Username:

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 03:04:52 pm »

Please note the Ticket are not Flexible.

a) Do you need a Flexible Ticket?
b) How old are you?
c) Do you have any European Discount Card (Railplus)?

How about a Bus when you want CHEAP?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines