Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:26:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  All other train travel questions  |  Euro east pass
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Euro east pass  (Read 9295 times)
quocluu

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2010, 07:00:34 pm »

Hi,
I plan to buy a Euro east pass, which covers Czech, and others.  I plan to take a train from the Frankfurt airport to Prague.  How do I pay for the segment within Germany and use the pass for the Czech segment?

Thanks,
Luu
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 07:32:18 pm »

If you do not intend to travel any time soon, then it might be cheaper just to buy international discounted ticket Frankfurt-Prague instead (start from 29 euro if purchased in advance from DB website) or discounted domestic German ticket till last station before the Czech border (start as well from 29 euro). Because while traveling with pass for the segment Frankfurt-Czech border you will be charged full fare, which is at least 70 euro, but might be even higher depending on a route you choose.

So is there any point to spend additional 70+ euro and travel day from your pass while you can travel Frankfurt-Prague for only 29 euro without a pass?
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
quocluu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 08:24:56 pm »

Thanks... Makes sense.
Rella39

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 07:27:16 am »

Hi All, i am travelling to austria, hungary and czech in april basically i want to know if it is wise to spend on a euro east pass which is 250$. i checked point to point tickets and they are quite expensive.
please help me regarding the same, and also i would like to know of any decent places in prague to live in.
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 10:57:13 pm »

... i checked point to point tickets and they are quite expensive.
You probably mean full fare standard tickets? Those usually not the best option, because in all the countries you plan to travel there are quite a few types of discounted (both domestic and international) ticket offers available. So your task is just to purchase discounted ticket some time in advance, which will save you a fortune comparing to full fare tickets.

But anyway, it makes sense just to give us a particular itinerary with all the destinations you want to visit, so we can specifically advise on each segment (and evidently determine if pass can compete)

...also i would like to know of any decent places in prague to live in.
Actually we aren't really focused on accommodation options, but we can give you links for few a websites usually used by us in such cases. Check you forum mail  ;)
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines