Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:51:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Amsterdam - Paris, NRT on Intercités san reservation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amsterdam - Paris, NRT on Intercités san reservation  (Read 8023 times)
PeterSz

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2014, 02:02:43 am »

Hello,

I'm planning to travel from Amsterdam to Paris by train taking not a direct train but a slower route with many changes and I plan to stop at a couple of places on the route. It's not decided yet where, but I don't need advice for that.

I checked out that the SCIC-NRT fare for my intended route: Amsterdam - Rosendaal - Antwerpen - Gent - Lille - Amiens - Paris would be 68,4€ with RailPlus discount. I don't think there is any way to do this route much cheaper, but feel free to throw anything at me if you have a cheaper idea. Any idea where to break the ticket to get a cheaper fare?

The main question is, as far as I know NRT tickets in France are accepted only on unreserved trains, which means pretty much only TER. I discovered that between Amiens and Paris Nord there are so called Intercités sans reservation obligatoire. Are NRT tickets accepted on these trains?
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 05:09:01 pm »

Any idea where to break the ticket to get a cheaper fare?
Well, it is kind of conditional and really depends on your exact travel plans, but in case you won't make stops in France after Lille, then you can go with Amsterdam-Lille (40,6 euro with RP) and for the remaining leg just get in advance discounted ticket for TGV from Lille to Paris via French Railways website. It will definitely save you time (TGV three time faster than going with regional trains and changes) and also a bit of money, but tie you to the specific train

The main question is, as far as I know NRT tickets in France are accepted only on unreserved trains, which means pretty much only TER. I discovered that between Amiens and Paris Nord there are so called Intercités sans reservation obligatoire. Are NRT tickets accepted on these trains?
SCIC-NRT should work, these InterCites doesn't require seat reservation and standard fare is exactly the same as for TER trains, so can't see why it will be impossible to travel with SCIC-NRT tickets (but just in case we wrote to SNCF and asked about it, now waiting for an answer) 
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
arrivans

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 02:49:28 pm »

state age and when to travel as there may be many more discounts.
I fact it will be IMpossible to buy such a ticket,as NS will not do it and they will only do Rail+ ONLY discount in person-which means an extra 10 eur service fee. Also Rail+ is ONLY for youth and seniors in FR-but they get 25% off anyway during offpeak.
You CAN use SCIC-INT tix on any SNCF train, you just have to make the etxra REServation for TGV etc-just like an INterrailholder would do. Thus they are charged at highest peak fare and that means you loose money when you travel off-peak.
The biggest bargain is to cut off for travel ONLY in BE, as there are many lower prices for domestic there.
Also state if you want train only or are willing to use bus or metro for short stretches.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines