Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:01:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Tickets without reservation Munich to Prague on September 21, 2015 will get seats?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tickets without reservation Munich to Prague on September 21, 2015 will get seats?  (Read 5731 times)
arindam

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2015, 09:59:44 pm »

I intend to travel by train from Munich to Prague
on 21 September 2015.

When I go to book and buy the tickets online, I find
that there are no reservations possible on Second Class
compartments.

It is a long journey. Is it possible to buy tickets without
reservations for 3 people? Will we get seats for the travel
even without a reservation?

Thank you.

Arindam Nandy
India
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 12:44:12 am »

In Germany and Czech Republic absolute majority of trains doesn't require compulsory seat reservation. Reservation is purely optional and most of the passenger travel without any reservation by just taking any free seat. September is definitely not the busiest months, so hardly you can have a situation when all the seats on the train are taken, so I would suggest not to worry about any reservation at all.
I find that there are no reservations possible on Second Class compartments.
What exactly do you mean by "no reservations possible"? German Railways (DB) indeed won't be able to sell you such reservation, but once you in Germany you can buy it easily at any station, cost is 3 euro per person.

Also since you mentioned that there will be traveling 3 passengers, perhaps you should consider option of buying Bavaria-Bohemia Ticket. It will cost 37,20 for three and cover leg till Czech Plzen, while from Plzen you can purchase Czech domestic tickets for 290 CZK for all three, thus making it about 16 euro per person for the entire trip Munich-Plzen-Prague. And the best part is that in Plzen you won't even need to change trains, but continue with the same one that brought you from Munich   
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines