Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:47:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Berlin/Gdynia - Kaliningrad
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Berlin/Gdynia - Kaliningrad  (Read 11351 times)
rasha

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2011, 04:23:32 pm »

Between Gdynia and Kaliningrad there is train with direct car Berlin - Kaliningrad, running from late May till early October. I'm planning a tour of Poland, and now I'm considering adding Berlin and Kaliningrad to the tour. So I will buy return ticket Bratislava - Hel with outward route via <1156>Kuty(Gr)<1154>Brno*Ceska Trebova*Letohrad*Lichkov(Gr)<1251>Wroclaw*Poznan*Tczew*Gdynia Gl, and return route via <1251>Gdynia Gl.*Dzialdowo*Warszawa*Idzikowice*Krakow*Trzebinia*Oswiecim*Zebrzydowice(Gr)<1154>Bohumin*Prerov*(Hodonin/Brno)*Breclav*Kuty(Gr)<1156>. According to Jizdenka that ticket should cost 84 EUR.

So according to this I plan to go first to Wroclaw, and then to Poznan, from were I'll go to Berlin with 19 EUR discounted ticket. Then I plan to use Berlin - Kaliningrad sleeper. Since I already have ticket for Poznan - Tczew  part (ticket Bratislava - Hell) I'll need to buy Berlin - Poznan and Tczew - Kaliningrad tickets only and Berlin - Kaliningrad reservation. Then I plan to go from Kaliningrad to Gdansk, for which I will use Kaliningrad - Tczew ticket, and then from Tczew to Gdansk continue using my Bratislava - Hel ticket.

So I need information how much is the cost of:

1) Berlin - Poznan standard fare ticket (TCV) (is there youth, or RailPlus discount?)
2) Tczew - Kaliningrad return ticket
3) T3 reservation Berlin - Kaliningrad
4) T3 reservation Kaliningrad - Gdansk

Thank you!  :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 04:30:23 pm by rasha » Logged
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 09:22:14 pm »

Between Gdynia and Kaliningrad there is train with direct car Berlin - Kaliningrad, running from late May till early October.
As far as we can see, the carriage is shown for summer 2011 only on PKP website, but no info about it from DB or RZD. Hmmm...
1) Berlin - Poznan standard fare ticket (TCV) (is there youth, or RailPlus discount?)
Simplest thing is just check today DB timetable, there you can find exact full fare ticket price (that will be SCIC-NRT/TCV tariff for connection you need). And yes, RailPlus works for DB-PKP connection.
2) Tczew - Kaliningrad return ticket
App. 40 EUR.
3) T3 reservation Berlin - Kaliningrad
During summer 2010 the fare was 33 EUR, for this summer, as you can guess, no info available yet.
4) T3 reservation Kaliningrad - Gdansk
Carriage Kaliningrad-Berlin doesn't run via Gdansk since 2009, last summer it was reattached in Tczew, thus you can't purchase T3 for leg Kaliningrad - Gdansk.

p.s. you also might consider potential problem with your plan involving carriage Berlin-Kaliningrad since it is Russian and your combination of  two TCV tickets + one East-West together with one through sleeper might puzzle the conductor. As result, unfortunately you never know what will be the final reaction  :(
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 02:18:17 am »

As far as we can see, the carriage is shown for summer 2011 only on PKP website, but no info about it from DB or RZD. Hmmm...

It's shown also here, on DB reservation list, page 52:

http://www.uic.org/IMG/pdf/reservierungsubersicht_der_db_ag_2010_2011_stand_18.01.2011_.pdf

Carriage Kaliningrad-Berlin doesn't run via Gdansk since 2009, last summer it was reattached in Tczew, thus you can't purchase T3 for leg Kaliningrad - Gdansk.

Yes, but last summer there was train 7/8 Gdynia - Kaliningrad, with two seating coaches Gdynia - Braniewo, sleeping car Gdynia - Kaliningrad, and sleeping car Berlin - Kaliningrad attached in Tczew. So, Berlin - Kaliningrad car isn't going via Gdansk, but Gdynia - Kaliningrad is. That train is also shown for this summer on PKP timetable. You can see it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRYrlqeaMKs
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 03:08:03 am »

It's shown also here, on DB reservation list, page 52
Yep, you are right it is in DB reservation list, but somehow not in similar RZD one (www.uic.org/IMG/pdf/rzd_2011_information_from_12_12_10.pdf). 
Yes, but last summer there was train 7/8 Gdynia - Kaliningrad, with two seating coaches Gdynia - Braniewo, sleeping car Gdynia - Kaliningrad, and sleeping car Berlin - Kaliningrad attached in Tczew. So, Berlin - Kaliningrad car isn't going via Gdansk, but Gdynia - Kaliningrad is. That train is also shown for this summer on PKP timetable.
Well, this is a well known trick. Originally this cross border carriage used to be "rebuilt" seating RIC car, but couple years ago RZD simply substituted with regular RIC sleeper. And, what is important here, it is used as seating carriage (in all the docs it is listed as "Сидячий 30 мест") with no obligatory reservation, thus you simply even can't purchase T3 reservation since carriage listed as seating.   
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 05:38:58 pm »

Just a piece of info:

Since the new RZD timetable (27/05/2012), Kaliningrad-Berlin carriage (as well as Moscow-Basel and Moscow-Amsterdam) being switched to 'Global price', so now it's not just about RZD-Helsinki or Moscow-Paris/Nice... unfortunately RZD slowly moving towards Western European tariff model
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines