Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:24:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Bracciano to Interlaken
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bracciano to Interlaken  (Read 5645 times)
Aussie9764

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2011, 12:55:05 am »

Hi guys,
have been reading posts with great interest, picked up lots of tips.
My question is about buying tickets fromm bracciano to Interlaken. It appears that I am unable to buy these tickets from the Italian rail site, I get a message telling they are not available online. Does this mean we should be able to buy them a couple of days before we travel? or should I look elsewhere for the tickets. I cant even figure out how much they are going to cost.
Thanks
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 02:45:38 am »

Well, TrenItalia website is not very good, thus sometimes there are problems with purchasing rather complicated international ticket like yours. So the only type of ticket you can buy from them in your case seems to be Bracciano/Rome-Spiez. Spiez is basically located on the route of all the direct Milan-Basel trains, that is why probably available, it's only 15 minuted from Interlaken, so not a big problem to purchase additional ticket Spiez-Interlaken already on spot.
As result, one of the options is to hunt for Smart price discounted tickets (Smart1 or Smart2 tariff) in advance for that route. Just a quick look showed fares around 110-120 EUR for nearest date or around 150 EUR full fare.
Another option is to purchase Italian domestic ticket till Milan or even last Italian station before Swiss border (Domodossola), those are easily purchasable from TrenItalia website (fares depend on type of train, but even the fastest option might be around 50-60 EUR). From there you can either purchase domestic Swiss (from border to Interlaken, full fare will cost app. 40 CHF while discounted can be twice lower) or international Milano-Spiez (as low as 19 EUR).
We would probably recommend to use later option and go with regional ticket Bracciano-Rome (purchased before departure, only 2.7 EUR), ticket Rome-Milan (purchased good advance from TrenItalia website) and international Milan-Spiez (purchased good advance from TrenItalia website).
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines