Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:47:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Swiss & France
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Swiss & France  (Read 7439 times)
ayk76

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2009, 02:03:47 am »

We (5 adult + 1 kid ) are planning to cover 2 countries starting end of next month as per below itinerary:

Starting with Zurich (2 nights) --> Lucerne (2 nights) --> Interlaken (3 nights) and then taking a train (TGV Lyria already booked) to Paris and staying for 5 nights in paris.

Can someone guide me if I have to travel by train to the above mentioned places then how do I go about planning my journey to buy cheap tickets. Im confused whether I should buy rail swiss pass or swiss and france pass or should i just directly buy the tickets from the ticket counter(does it need advanced booking).

One of my friend who recently went to swiss advised me to buy the swiss pass but that will blow up my budget if I buy them times 5. Please advise. THanks.
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 10:45:29 am »

First of all, Swiss pass can be considered as pretty worthy option only in case person intends to do a lot of train travel for middle and long distances. In case of Zurich-Luzern-Interlaken route it is fully useless.
Regular one-way fare Zurich-Luzern is 23 CHF, while Luzern-Interlaken is 30 CHF per person (for additional cost you can add City Transport ticket to your rail ticket). And no need to book anything in advance whatsoever - just purchase your tickets before departure.
For the child take a look at http://mct.sbb.ch/mct/en/reisemarkt/services/fuer-alle/familie/juniorkarte.htm
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines