Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:59:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  Vienna to Warsaw Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vienna to Warsaw Question  (Read 6170 times)
warlord

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2011, 03:43:16 pm »

Just thinking here of a possibility making things easier on my trip.

I am seeing a train from Wien Meidling  to Warszawa Centralna leaving at 22:23 on 19.05.11 for 75EU (2nd Class) and 115EU (1st Class).

Is this pricing correct on the OBB website?  Or am I missreading it since I don't have any discounts?

Also, it doesn't seem like this train has a sleeper car at all.  Is this correct?

I'm just trying to see if there was a sleeper car over night between the two cities...

tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 03:59:48 pm »

I am seeing a train from Wien Meidling  to Warszawa Centralna leaving at 22:23 on 19.05.11 for 75EU (2nd Class) and 115EU (1st Class).
Yes, 75 EUR and 115 EUR are full fares for the route, but there is a limited amount of discounted tickets (SparSchiene) also, they start from 39 EUR (seats). So if you purchase in advance you have a chance to catch those.
And no, train 406 permanently does have Austrian couchette car Wien-Warsawa (carriage #352) and Polish sleeping car (#350). The only inconvenience is that OeBB online ticket selling system can sell only seats, but not couchette or sleeping car for the train you want. As result reservation should be purchased already in Austria from a ticket counter. Or you can actually try to contact OeBB directly, they might be able to book you SparSchiene+sleeper reservation at the same time.
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
warlord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 05:53:43 pm »

Ok thanks.  Turns out I won't be able to do this afterall, if I miss my last leg of my flight to Krakow, they will cancel my return trip.  I'll just stick it out going from Krakow to Warsaw then instead as originally planned.  Thanks though...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines