Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:21:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Strasbourg - Oberalppass (alps) with bike
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strasbourg - Oberalppass (alps) with bike  (Read 5803 times)
filu

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2011, 07:27:06 pm »

Hi all.

Quick question (as it's the first time I'm gonna do such a thing).

I'm travelling to from Strasbourg to Oberalppass (2200m) with my bike. Via Basel and Goeschenen. From Goeshenen to Oberalppass there is a private railway. I'm 26 and I have a bahncard with railplus. This is the cheapest combination I've found. Will it work?

1. Strasbourg - Basel with my local 70% discount (for domestic travel+Basel) ticket around 3eur (I couldbt use my railplus coz in France i need to be <26 right?)
2. Basel-Goeschenen ticket for 37eur - 25% discount due to railplus. (this ticket I will abviously buy in Strasbourg too. (I can buy it only for the Swiss railways national, not for the private ones, I've checked that already at the station)
3. In Goeschenen i buy ticket to Oberalppass for the private railway for 13.20 chf (10 eur).

Additionaly in Basel I buy the all-day bike ticket for 12 chf (10 eur).

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend everyone :-)
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 08:13:08 pm »

1. Strasbourg - Basel with my local 70% discount (for domestic travel+Basel) ticket around 3eur (I couldbt use my railplus coz in France i need to be <26 right?)
Yep, unfortunately with SNCF and RailPlus it's only "<26 and >60". But anyway, 3 EUR is a great price for the route.
2. Basel-Goeschenen ticket for 37eur - 25% discount due to railplus. (this ticket I will abviously buy in Strasbourg too. (I can buy it only for the Swiss railways national, not for the private ones, I've checked that already at the station)
Actually we would advise you to use SBB SuperSaver ticket, it's discounted offer for certain routes, including Basel-Göschenen (http://www.sbb.ch/abos-billette/billette-schweiz/sparbillette.html). In this case you will pay as low as 11.2 CHF (app.9.2 EUR), which is super fare for Switzerland and almost 3 hour train ride. All you need is to go online, register at SBB website and catch needed ticket some time in advance ;)
3. In Goeschenen i buy ticket to Oberalppass for the private railway for 13.20 chf (10 eur).
Well, with private railways there is usually not easy to save, thus...
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines